Joao Carlos texeira

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Talk about 'He's just too good for you'. Twas more like 'He's just too good for us'.

He'd take a couple of players on then look up and wonder why he'd bothered as there were no advanced options available.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The only positive today .... Looks class .... Skilful , fast , aware .... Poor kid deserves better

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only positive today .... Looks class .... Skilful , fast , aware .... Poor kid deserves better

Agreed, this was the only positive. He looked class.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Heard him on the radio after the game, sounds like a really nice guy, level headed, enthusiastic and liked the story of how we got him "Sami called Steven Gerrard and asked what I was like, Stevie said yeah he's good and that was it". Or something like that. Looks like it was all Sami's doing though.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Oh. I thought he must have been crap as the experts on here put two and two together and made 5 before he had even kicked a ball

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh. I thought he must have been crap as the experts on here put two and two together and made 5 before he had even kicked a ball

He has genuine talent. Comfortably took opponents on and looked to create openings. From a neutral standpoint I would have questioned him coming to us. There were a couple of times he expected to see off the ball movement that didn't materialise, and one occasion when he looked at young Chicksen and raised his hands in exasperation when he didn't see him making an opening for a pass.

You can tell he's been training with the best players and coaches around

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
He has genuine talent. Comfortably took opponents on and looked to create openings. From a neutral standpoint I would have questioned him coming to us. There were a couple of times he expected to see off the ball movement that didn't materialise, and one occasion when he looked at young Chicksen and raised his hands in exasperation when he didn't see him making an opening for a pass.

You can tell he's been training with the best players and coaches around

Which is what i expected to hear after speaking to my friend from Liverpool yesterday.

Some people moan even when we bring a player in to improve the squad.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
I seriously see him as very influential in our season if we can get 2/3 quality players in even if loaned then his talents will shine through. I'm sure he will revel in playing at the Amex with more space and time. Within minutes of coming on every Albion player were looking for him to pass to as he showed pace trickery and quality. An excellent signing

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I seriously see him as very influential in our season if we can get 2/3 quality players in even if loaned then his talents will shine through. I'm sure he will revel in playing at the Amex with more space and time. Within minutes of coming on every Albion player were looking for him to pass to as he showed pace trickery and quality. An excellent signing

Twas very telling when the away end cheered each time he got the ball.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
@uck all else to cheer about apart from when Frank walked past!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

At last! A positive note. :)

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
You guys seem to be getting one of our youngsters on loan. Kid we signed from sporting Lisbon. Got all the talent in the world, one of those where its up to him how far he goes. He missed about 15 months with a back injury just after he signed. Looking forward to seeing how he does, he's a jack Wilshire, fabregas type player, can play on the left, central midfield or as a number 10.

Cheers for the back story; let's hope we can tap into that potential and he can cheer us all up a bit...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The kid does look like he could make space, beat players, pass the ball but unless we get some good players around him he will only be able to do so much.
Sami should ring liverpool and Stevie back see if that Suso or Adorjan fancy playing in our midfield. Find out about a striker or 2 as well

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We'll soon knock that out of him and bring him down to our level.

There is some sensible truth hidden in your response. My early thoughts, particularly seeing his frustrations, were that he needed a more intuitive set of players around him.

He's a splendid acquisition. I just hope we can do him justice.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The one bright spot in an otherwise embarrassing display. This boy can play, has vision, intelligence and not bad execution.

Don't be too negative about those surrounding him yet. I refuse to believe that at some point in next 15 days (and probably on 15th) we will acquire at least one forward with the nouse and skill to complement Tex. There sort of has to be; CMS was ineffective road runner, COG played below our low expectations, and Fenelon is not the answer. Left with these three, the poor guy will soon become disenchanted.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Came on, looked up whilst dribbling with pace, hit an inch perfect ball to O'Grady's feet and continued moving forward. The only problem was O'Grady knocked it about 20 yards forward as a controlled first touch.
Sums it up really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Portuguese Tex looked a really good player when he came on yesterday - had his own bit of space which he carried around with him so he always seemed to have time even when being closed down by two or three. I've never been a bed-wetter (odious term, as is the persistant bleating of it by some) but have been - and still am - concerned about the strength of our squad compared to previous seasons.....but Tex's debut was at least a chink of light.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports