Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Blooming hell there are some negative folk on here.
With the greatest respect to our club and players I would have thought one of Liverpool's most talented under 21 year olds will a
be one of the biggest talents in our team.

Welcome aboard Joao.

Most talented based on what? He is 21 and hasn't hardly kicked a ball for the first team yet.. We picked up two Chelsea players who were 20 recently.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why the cheap dig at jfc? Both similar age, both for their respective nations up to U21 but JFC has more first team experience.
Not a dig at JFC but like most on here I am not happy with his contribution or workrate. Coming from 2 bigger clubs than ours I expect more from him

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apologies Sim. Sorry if you feel ive let you, the Albion, and myself down. I was asking a question, you see, rather than making a statement. That's what the little '?' squiggly punctuation mark means :thumbsup:

Yes, I realise you were asking the question. That's why I said I couldn't believe you didn't even KNOW that.

If you paid more attention to this sort of detail earlier in your life, you'd probably have picked up the simple fact that Portuguese pronounce their Js as J not H/Y, like us educated chaps have managed to do. :thumbsup:

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I wouldn't mind signing him permanently but I'd rather not sign him at all than sign him on loan. All that means is that we won't get another player in his position and if he's any good, he'll be here for a season then gone. Frustrated that Bozza said so confidently that it was permanent only for us to find out it's not!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looks good on the video. Not great but very competent.

McLaughlin looked a fair prospect as well.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If he is so rubbish why have Liverpool only loaned him to us? surely they would have want shot of him permanently. Just a thought. He also may have improved since being on loan at Brentford, may have been some sort of wake up call. Who knows? Lets give him a chance .

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Could be good but on the face of it 1 subs appearance for Liverpool and 2 for Brentford in League 1 is hardly wetting the appetite!!

Seems we are still scrapping the barrel/looking for cheap options.

Having watched the clips he obviously has talent (that's why he's at Liverpool) the question is can he adapt to the league football in England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here