Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jiri Skalak.....

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thanks - where did you see this reported, please?

Sorry I missed this.PM'd you,but here is a cutting.

jiri 001.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So many superlatives being churned out in this thread, for who was, a very average Championship player. One who certainly struggled to get into out starting eleven, making just 43 appearances in about two and a half seasons with the club. Fondly remembered by many l'm sure for that worldie goal he scored against QPR at the Amex, and another cracking one at Charlton shortly afterwards.

A nice guy I'm sure, and l'm positive his mum loves him, but great player? no he isn't.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Whilst I agree he was limited at best as a player, he may be one of the last truly 'madcap' players to pull on the stripes. By this I mean, he was no superstar, not a 'baller' just a (seemingly) decent guy plying his trade with the ability to do something truly amazing on the pitch, almost at random. Yet off it, he seems to have a genuinely slightly offbeat character and perhaps that's why he managed to be so popular with our slightly oddball following...

All the best to him says I...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So many superlatives being churned out in this thread, for who was, a very average Championship player. One who certainly struggled to get into out starting eleven, making just 43 appearances in about two and a half seasons with the club. Fondly remembered by many l'm sure for that worldie goal he scored against QPR at the Amex, and another cracking one at Charlton shortly afterwards.

A nice guy I'm sure, and l'm positive his mum loves him, but great player? no he isn't.

That's probably true of his 2nd season. The first 6 months he was great, and his crossing was unbelievable - 2nd most assists in a season when everyone else had a half season head start tells me there's a decent player in there somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here