Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jimmy tarbuck

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
It's in the BHAFC Miscellany, I got given a copy of it last week, it's fascinating. I was going to start posting a "fact of the day" from it, but thought it might piss people off....

D

Deleted User X18H

was watching jimmy tarbucks life story with piers morgan, and was suprised to learn he played semi pro for bha

Wow. This was indeed big news in 1972. It really has been doing the rounds for years and years, played in the sixties, whilst working at Butlins Saltdean.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not that 'Super' a seagull then ???

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i thought tarbuck came across as very genuine and funny

completely the opposite to the twat in the other chair

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
(un)interesting fact about Jimmy Tarbuck - he used to hide his bald patch with black polish, my source...I used to go out with his cousin.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think it was a case of him being pretty young & on the books but then comedy career took off.

He did play for Albion in a friendly/testimonial in the early 70's as a celeb player, may even have scored.

BTW, Des O'Connor had a similar 'thing' with Northamptn.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's in the BHAFC Miscellany, I got given a copy of it last week, it's fascinating. I was going to start posting a "fact of the day" from it, but thought it might piss people off....

... including the authors.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think it was a case of him being pretty young & on the books but then comedy career took off.

He did play for Albion in a friendly/testimonial in the early 70's as a celeb player, may even have scored.

BTW, Des O'Connor had a similar 'thing' with Northamptn.
Jimmy did play in a testimonial at the Goldstone....not sure of the game...I know he played on the wing and did score.......any idea of another celeb who played at the Goldstone and could've been a professional?

Danm FatBallBoy beat me too it!:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here