Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim White

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like Jim White (and I bet he's nailed at least half of those SSN dolly birds too!)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This. Can't stand the guy. They may not have been his idea, but the trails for his show, which tout him as some kind of sports broadcasting GOD are ridiculous. The Colin Murray and H&J shows were the two on TalkSport that dared to talk – in any serious detail – about any other sport than football on a regular basis. The last time I listened to JW and his pals, football was ALL they were on about.

Massive turn-off for me, I'm afraid.

Agree with all of that. Jim White is so one dimensional he's basically a slightly more intelligent version of Alan brazil.

The Colin Murray show was brilliant because it was so varied. Another thing I like about Murray was his ability to tackle football related subjects in a bit more depth, for instance his coverage on the FIFA goings on was spot on and they covered the subject in great detail.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
The one thing that Jim White's new show has brought is very high quality relevant live guests - and that is his contacts book working for him. Bob Bradly was a good listen last week - and he's had several current managers, players and chairmen with good opinions lately. I just find him way too sycophantic - and it is all very football-centric. Colin Murray was a good alternative - and the two Mikes I cannot abide - talking drivel and nonsense on a regular basis. H+J all the way for quality and variety.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is dreadful. So unlikable, I gave it a go for the first few weeks even though I couldn't stand him on Sky but I have to turn him off the moment I hear his voice now.

He somehow manages to turn every conversation into something about him and how famous he is and how many showbiz/sporting friends he has.

An example was when Allardyce got sacked he started a story about how he was on train a few weeks back and the guard said to him, 'there's someone at the front of the train who would like to speak to you' and it was Big Sam. The story had no relevance whatsoever. He is a massive tool.

Such a shame as I really enjoyed the Colin Murray show.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
He's a good listen, seems very knowledgeable and well connected. I can't stand "The Two Mikes" I have to turn them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You could join them Quinney, and make it the 3 Mikes (or at least the 2 Mikes and Mick)! 😀

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Anyone listen to what Hughton said? If so, can you summarise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He's here, he's there, he's always on the air.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jim White on his award winning, record breaking talksport show revealed today the FA's of England and Scotland are meeting to discuss mutual co-operation at a senior level and one of the items on the agenda is exploring the possibility of a 'super cup' game between the Champions of England and Scotland in pre-season, potentially replacing the Charity Shield.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Jim White on his award winning, record breaking talksport show revealed today the FA's of England and Scotland are meeting to discuss mutual co-operation at a senior level and one of the items on the agenda is exploring the possibility of a 'super cup' game between the Champions of England and Scotland in pre-season, potentially replacing the Charity Shield.
I listened to 10 minutes of that yesterday to see if they would mention Ali and got 10 minutes of random no marks banging on about Sturridge getting a new contract/not getting a new contract. With expert analysis from Stewart Robson and a comedian. Followed by Simon Tango Man muttering something derogatory about people who watch cycling. Decided I would wait for my Ali news and went back to my iPod.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

OK, I'll bite – what awards has it won and what records has it broken? I guess he might have won least annoying scotsman on Talkshite in the morning, but the bar is very, VERY low for that one.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Jim White embodies everything I dislike about football. He’s the ultimate prawn sandwich, corporate loving, must be seated, don’t sing mean songs, clap the opposition type of football ‘fan’ that I can’t tolerate. He’s always giving out about fans should do this and behave like that. **** off, Jim. When was the last time you actually paid money to get into a stadium. Insufferable scrote.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I can't stand him. He thinks transfers are about him, not football.

Fixed.

I agree. I've got no interest in him and transfer deadline day anymore since Kate Abdo left Sky Sports News for America.

DU-FAi-V4AA85N8.jpg

# letsmakeskysportsnewsgreatagain
# letsmaketransferdeadlinedaygreatagain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here