Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Rockford - Rockford files dead

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My dad was lucky enough to meet a few celebs during a spell working at Gatwick, and he reckons that James Garner was the most decent chap he ever spoke to. Down to Earth and very friendly. Sir Alec Guinness, Meatloaf and Marie Holly were also superb.
Less so were Ronnie Corbett and Jeremy Beadle.

Is this a case of the OP wanting to get the news out before being fixtured, therefore not making a great deal of sense!!

Always rated highly, behind The Sopranos in all NSC Bestest Theme Tune threads.

That's what I call a theme tune.:bowdown::bowdown: Mike Post.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
RIP - I grew up with the Rockford Files in the 1970s; one of the first TV series I can remember watching. Mum and Dad ran a boarding school which kept them pretty much occupied, and the Rockford Files was one of Dad's treats when he had free time. Also, its theme tune is in my view one of the finest ever produced (Miami Vice is another of my favourites); darn, I can't get it out of my head at present.

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I would echo the views of many on here. Great actor, loved the Rockford Files which had one of the best theme tunes ever, and loved Garner as an actor.

86 is a good age but still sad to see one of my favourite actors gone.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
:( Sad to hear this, 'The Rockford Files' is one of those things I always remember from childhood and always liked James Garner. RIP James.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Loved the Rockford files .

By amazing coincidence the Film Grand Prix 1966 , staring James Garner is being shown on BBC2 today 4.15pm

RIP

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, the Rockford Files links to a happy time of my life. Oh well, RIP James Garner - one of the few people who could be cool....AND American!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Big Raiders fan as well, always on the touchline during the 70's and 80's.

8483_ori.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here