Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC in the final U21 squad for European Championship

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
JFC is one player I wouldn't mind if we sold. Funnily, there has never been any indication of interest in him from other clubs. Out of their price range no doubt.
Who would want him as you say?
I'd be surprised if we got 150k for him and he'll be in league 1 at best in years to come...Where was the potential?he was shite at Oxford in league 2 and has never done anything bar against 10 men Southampton.

Just don't get why so many are blinded because he gets picked for England...One of the most overrated bha players ever.I think he's shite and virtually every time he starts its like you've lost already.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
How he played 30 something games last season is a complete mystery, thank god he was ill/ injured for the likes of Fulham away.
Anyway enter: thunderbolt........to confirm how great he is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Maybe playing alongside someone classy like Kayal will help him next year. He must have some talent in him to have made this squad; Patrick Bamford didn't make the cut, and he is quality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This will make JFC's last 2 seasons and summers pretty intensive.

I did wonder if all his football last summer was a contributing effect on his form.
With that rolling into this summer I'd love to know how many matches he's played, and as importantly, how many miles he's traveled, when compared to the rest of the squad.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
What? This must be wrong, JFC is rubbish and never bosses championship midfields at his age. Our fans are always saying how rubbish he is...So how could he get picked to represent his Country?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good luck to him. I think Tom Carroll will get his place in the first XI though?

Might not be so bad as we lose to Portugal, draw with Sweden and lose to Italy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Good luck to him. I think Tom Carroll will get his place in the first XI though?

JFC started alongside Carroll in both the Croatia home/away qualifiers back in November.
There's an interview with JFC on the FA site via http://www.thefa.com/news/england/u...orster-caskey-toulon-euro-preparations-070515. This season has a been a " bit of a struggle" he says.

""I’ve got two weeks now to go on holiday and rest my body, it’s not so much that my body is tired, but mentally from the hard season that we’ve had at Brighton
"It’s been a bit up and down this season really, it seems like one minute I’m away with England and everything is on a high and then with Brighton, it’s often been a bit of a struggle so it’s been a strange season in many ways.
"Everybody knows that we’ve struggled this season and it can take its toll mentally, but now I can switch off from football for a little bit and keep ticking over and then when I’m back, it’ll be straight into it.
"I’m very excited for it and I’ve just got to try and keep my body in shape and have one eye on the tournament whilst switching off at the same time.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Good luck to him!

Hope the lad earns a ton of experience and benefits us next season.

Incredible talent.

Definitely "incredible" in that I don't believe the hype around him. There are at least four of Whitehawks midfield from last season who were better. Baffling how he got into the England team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definitely "incredible" in that I don't believe the hype around him. There are at least four of Whitehawks midfield from last season who were better. Baffling how he got into the England team.
I saw 5 Portslade Athletic midfielders from last season who were better.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Yeah no there weren't otherwise they would be playing in the second flight of the English league system and be in the squad of the England under 21s

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Yeah no there weren't otherwise they would be playing in the second flight of the English league system and be in the squad of the England under 21s

That's what baffles me too. In almost every respect someone like John Paul Kissock is a better player. He has a greater range of passing, more mobile, energetic, aggressive and skillfull than JFC. And he couldn't get into the Whitehawk side for the last few games.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's what baffles me too. In almost every respect someone like John Paul Kissock is a better player. He has a greater range of passing, more mobile, energetic, aggressive and skillfull than JFC. And he couldn't get into the Whitehawk side for the last few games.

Then quite clearly he isn't any of those things is he... :facepalm: Some people on this place!? :dunce:

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Then quite clearly he isn't any of those things is he... :facepalm: Some people on this place!? :dunce:

It's not clear at all. Have you seen both players play as I have? What is your assessment of their abilities? Or do you just judge players on the opinions of others?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Well, that's not really true, is it? Every transfer window sees players go from a lower division to a higher one, sometimes even non-league to the league (there was that guy who went from burgess hill to a premier league side recently), players who go on to excel at the new level, displacing the players already there. If every player that could cut it at a higher level was already there, this wouldn't ever happen.

There are loads of talents that could do well in the championship or above but for one reason or another find themselves plying their trade part time. Maybe they didn't have the right attitude or opportunities/relationships to get into the system as a kid. Maybe they were written off because of their size. Maybe they just took their time to develop. Maybe they were never used in the right system/position to show what they could do.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Again, he clearly isn't otherwise he would be playing at a level equivalent to JFC.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well, that's not really true, is it? Every transfer window sees players go from a lower division to a higher one, sometimes even non-league to the league (there was that guy who went from burgess hill to a premier league side recently), players who go on to excel at the new level, displacing the players already there. If every player that could cut it at a higher level was already there, this wouldn't ever happen.

There are loads of talents that could do well in the championship or above but for one reason or another find themselves plying their trade part time. Maybe they didn't have the right attitude or opportunities/relationships to get into the system as a kid. Maybe they were written off because of their size. Maybe they just took their time to develop. Maybe they were never used in the right system/position to show what they could do.

So you agree with him that there were at least four players playing for Whitehawk that are better than JFC? JFC who has played a fair few games in the Championship before he is 21 and is a regular in all England age groups to date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here