Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Jet Black RIP

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Shocking news, what a drummer and musical icon

Brilliant. Forgot about that and how they just gave up miming half way through and decided to wreck the stage and JBs drumming missing the drums completely.

Crackpot. Extremely talented musician.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He must have nearly run me over 20 times in the early 80s . I use to catch the bus to work , for some reason the bus stop was right on the corner of the road in Kemptown . He had something to do with antiques i believe and drove an old Land Rover and trailer , every morning he would come round that corner with the trailer half across the pavement , i remember thinking Get a grip on yourself . R.I.P. JB and thanks for the great music .
:bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
RIP.
I was lucky enough to see the original line up of The Stranglers a few times, fantastic musicians.
Me too.

Also saw the reboot at the Canterbury festival 20 years ago, me and my son in the mosh (mud) pit.

The first album, lyrics that don't pass the test of time notwithstanding, is emblematic.

RIP, grumpy old codger.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is quite a revealing interview with Mr Black about his early life as a budding musician pre Stranglers and leading up to the formation of the Stranglers, for which he was the driving force, which I hadn't realised.

I never knew it was he who brought the band together, putting ads in the music press, holding various auditions and even providing free accomodation for some of the early candidates....
RIP......

jet_teenage.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This is one of the best ever album covers and Jet always stood out for me on it. Black and White the Stranglers what an album and amazing photo by Ruan O'LochlainnView attachment 154489
This. Although I would say Dave Greenfield's shoes are doing a lot of the heavy lifting too.
I have a tattoo of the back of Rattus Norvegicus on my arm , still my favourite Stranglers album .
This. Not the tattoo, my favourite album of theirs too.

RIP Jet Black.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Saw the stranglers at the Brighton centre c1979 when we had arsenal at home in the fa cup on a Tuesday night. Seemed half the goldstone decided to skip the game to see the gig. But the band went to the match and so were mega late on stage and half cut. They were crap!
But norvegicus remains my top album of all time (after abbey road)

rothergull

Worthing ex pat
Jan 25, 2008
rotherham
Saw the stranglers at the Brighton centre c1979 when we had arsenal at home in the fa cup on a Tuesday night. Seemed half the goldstone decided to skip the game to see the gig. But the band went to the match and so were mega late on stage and half cut. They were crap!
But norvegicus remains my top album of all time (after abbey road)
That'll be their manager's fault he's a lifelong BHA fan!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
This is quite a revealing interview with Mr Black about his early life as a budding musician pre Stranglers and leading up to the formation of the Stranglers, for which he was the driving force, which I hadn't realised.

I never knew it was he who brought the band together, putting ads in the music press, holding various auditions and even providing free accomodation for some of the early candidates....
RIP......

View attachment 154506
Brilliant read - Thank you (y)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here