Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jessops officially gone bust....

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
...been rumoured for a while but now actually happened. Many more chains expected to follow.

Central Brighton will only be women's fashion stores soon.:annoyed:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
...been rumoured for a while but now actually happened. Many more chains expected to follow.

f***ing gutted. What sort of shop is Jessops anyway:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

1935-2013!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My boss left our company in December, after 15 years, and started at Jessops.

Ouch

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Not surprised. Compared to similar outlets online, they were quite overpriced. The couple of times I dealt with them, I found their customer service 'shifty' - IE, they were spinning me a load of crap to gain a sale.

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
A technicality perhaps but they haven't gone bust.... yet. In admin at present, PWC have stated they have already received a few expressions of interest.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A technicality perhaps but they haven't gone bust.... yet. In admin at present, PWC have stated they have already received a few expressions of interest.

The administrators always say that. In reality the shops will close and the stock sold off cheap so it can be sold online at rock bottom prices.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not surprised. Compared to similar outlets online, they were quite overpriced. The couple of times I dealt with them, I found their customer service 'shifty' - IE, they were spinning me a load of crap to gain a sale.

absolutely this. no surprise except that they hung on for this long. should have brought down the shutters years ago.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Found quite the opposite in London. Bought a few things in there too where they beaten online prices.

I suspect a lot of their business (cheap digital cameras) have been affected by cameras on mobiles.

I was even speaking to someone this week who would never dream of buying a camera.

They have a point. For most peoples use, their mobile in a million times better than digital cameras a years ago. As for domestic video cameras....

Plus they get a new one every few years as part of the contract.

Interesting future. Apart from professional and high end domestic stuff, I wonder whether certain manufacturers like film will simply stop making "cameras" due to lack of demand.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Out of focus with current trends ?

It's all a bit negative isn't it? They don't need this kind of exposure. You think companies like that will be around forever, and suddenly they're gone in a flash.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's all a bit negative isn't it? They don't need this kind of exposure. You think companies like that will be around forever, and suddenly they're gone in a flash.

I think they tried to dodge admin, but they are destined to burn with the rest of the high street shops.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Was about to go in and get the Nikon d7k, been saving work vouchers and got additional vouchers at xmas!

That place in Brighton I have to say is clueless and didn't even know about the d90. Don't have much hope for Worthing either.....it will end up on line and I would assume flagship shops remain open

Got our last four cameras from them, the staff in the local branch were always helpful and did actually know what they were talking about it seemed.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Got my missus D1100 last year and a 300ml lens this xmas. Is annoying but then no one really buys things in town anymore except for clothes and coffee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here