Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse or Tex?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Difficult without seeing them in the same squad playing the same football. I feel, though, that Tex is better from what I've seen of highlights, he looks more comfortable with the ball. Due to his trickery and quick feet, I don't worry too much about his size as he can wiggle his way out. I didn't really see Lingard do that. Saying that, our team looks more freely available to express itself in the attack. Overlapping full backs gives forwards more options. Lua Lua could tuck in and get narrow and line himself up for a shot or he could provide a 1-2 with a full back to draw a defender away and allow the full back more time and space to cross OR he could choose to receive the ball from the full back and cross himself.

Garcia was one dimensional, Sami's appears to be progressive and interchangable whilst giving forwards the ability to express themselves. Makes for more entertaining football imo.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was talking to a Man Utd supporting colleague earlier about this (he is from Manchester honest). The fact that jesse is in/around Man Utd's first team is a really good indication of how far adrift they are in their squad. Jesse is decent but never really shone in the Championship whereas Tex stands out head and shoulders above the majority of Championship players and is a way off Liverpool's first team.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Admittedly this is purely based on my impressions of one game, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Texeira playing regular football for a top club in the future. Couldn't say the same for Lingard.

Lingard had great natural talent but was frustrating to watch, hardly ever used his pace to beat a man and always laid off a sideways or backwards pass. Tex is a much more progressive player, always putting defenders under pressure with his passing and movement.

Maybe their natural talent is the same but the way they approach the game is totally different

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here