Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jesse Marsch…what a ******

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I want Adams and Aaronson fit and in good form for Qatar, but also want Leeds to **** off and get relegated. Quite the dilemma lol

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Control the controllables. Don't waste energy ranting and raving at decisions. It doesn't make you look like a leader. It makes you look like a fan and we are all utterly unreliable witnesses.

If its performative and deliberately done to try to influence referees, stop it. It sets a bad example to your players who won't get such lenient treatment and, (and I know that this is terribly old fashioned and unworldly) it makes you a f-ing cheat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Control the controllables. Don't waste energy ranting and raving at decisions. It doesn't make you look like a leader. It makes you look like a fan and we are all utterly unreliable witnesses.

If its performative and deliberately done to try to influence referees, stop it. It sets a bad example to your players who won't get such lenient treatment and, (and I know that this is terribly old fashioned and unworldly) it makes you a f-ing cheat.

Refs won’t now think twice, “I better not cross Marsch”, he’s a tough guy. They can be fairly arrogant, he’ll be put back in his box.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Actually comes across OK in this, I'm surprised to say - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...um-premier-league-graham-potter-b2154191.html

“Yeah, absolutely. I thought my behaviour at that point deserved the yellow card.

“But I always say, when you don’t believe that you’re getting a performance out of the referee I think you have two options: to sit there and take it or to escalate your behaviour to try to make a point to see if you can affect the way decisions are getting made.

“Sometimes it works for you, sometimes it works against you. But I’ll never be a guy that just sits there and takes it, that’s not my style."​
Ah now there's the difference between Marsch and ratboy Tuchel right there.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Looked a prick and spoke like one afterwards, he and Leeds well suited. Today they tried to bully the game. He would call it high press. I call it acting like thugs.

Thought he came across quite well in the post-match interview :shrug:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
At one point he picked up a plastic bottle from a few metres away just do he could be seen to angrily throw it in the floor. It was all a bit teenager

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I suspect Jesse was moaning because he had his team revved up to press and at times they did this very well, but we were good enough to play around the press and by pressing high up the pitch you leave yourself open at the back. The XG for that match is misleading because on numerous occasions during the match we beat the press and should have at least got a shot away (not least Trossard twice) and this would have annoyed him. Another annoyance was that we were too skilful to get caught by the press and passed around it many times which led to cynical late lunges. There were quite a few late kicks dished out that went unpunished. I wonder if Jesse was moaning when his right back was not booked in the first couple of mins when his right back was megged and hauled pervis down.

I suspect the pressing tactics will trouble some teams this season who are “not up for it” or who might panic, but I also suspect that if they concede early to a team with pace up front that they will get a few hammerings.

Managers who try to make it about them do my head in!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In the first 10 minutes Leeds were intent to rough us up.

Groß and Veltman were both clattered with late tackles that could easily have been yellows.
Seemed to be a plan.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Groß and Veltman were both clattered with late tackles that could easily have been yellows.
Seemed to be a plan.

Was quite surprised the challenge on Gross in the first few seconds didn’t go to VAR, as the CB went with his elbow. Gross was still annoyed at h/t.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Seemed to be a plan.

Mate who was at the game texted me at h/t that this Leeds side were up there with Revie’s in their foul play. I doubt it was that bad but it does appear to have been a manager inspired tactic.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
His looks, dress sense and wide pupilled demeanour are reminiscent of ecstasy dealers in Marbella in the 90’s

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Quite like him.

First he's American and has to put up with all sorts of "soccerball" prejudice and he's had to follow what Leeds fans consider the second coming.

With all that he that is he doing ok.

I saw quite a bit of him when I was watching New York Red Bulls and he was in charge and I thought he was a decent manager. I know MLS is seen as "not proper football" and "equivalent to League 2" and he's "only a Yank" so a lot of people want to see him fail. Yes, he threw his toys out the pram and he was punished but I think he'll survive OK.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
OK. So he isn't a bell end. He's an intelligent man.

The histrionics are carefully calculated. He knows his continued employment is dependent on his popularity with the Leeds fans. This popularity is on a knife edge with the majority of Leeds fans who would have preferred to follow Bielsa is some sort of relegation death cult.

"Showing some passion" and widly over exaggerated sycophancy to the fanbase is his plan to keep his job. It's a good plan. He's clocked straight away what an incredibly insecure, needy and frankly stupid set of people this fanbase includes. If he can't deliver results, which we won't be able to every week, with what is probably a lower mid table squad he'll have to find these other ways to keep them onside.

I'm happy we have someone above that, but i'm confident, we would soon see through such obvious falsehood.

Bang on the money

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I want Adams and Aaronson fit and in good form for Qatar, but also want Leeds to **** off and get relegated. Quite the dilemma lol

Whenever people kept mentioning Aaronson and Adams, all I could think of was that scene at the start of Ferris Bueller's Day Off when the teacher with the really dull voice started taking the register.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
His tactical approach may have been questionable last season, but I loved Bielsa at Leeds. Cracking football, and never a complaint (whether that be injuries or referees). He also obviously set down similar rules for his players to follow - they just got on with stuff and rarely seemed to complain. That’s all changed now with Marsch. Back to Dirty Leeds. In a way, it’s better like this - we can all go back to hating them without the quandary of respecting their manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here