Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jesse Lingard SIGNS on LOAN

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but he'd been flying completely under my radar. However, the YouTube stuff looks very impressive! Looks a great signing!

A couple of observations from the announcement:

Burke says "he was one of our main targets in the transfer window". Wow! Perhaps a loan to perm deal (if we get promotion)?
The club talk about the play-off semis and final - they clearly haven't given up on this season, despite some on here saying they have.
As others have said, he looks to be a near guaranteed starter - my guess is advanced central midfield (a la lampard of old, or Gerard)

Bring on Millwall!

nutty71

Jan 30, 2012
I can confirm Lingard was training with the first team today at the Withdean.
Also other observations
Obika works hard and also scored a screamer, Kemy strolls around the pitch (and does not seem to be an accepted part of the team, a bit of a loner). Calde by far puts in the most effort for the whole 2 hours. Solly continually impresses with his control and movement with the ball.
I only saw the team hit the bar or post 6 times which is an improvement on the last session I saw when they were in double figures :albion2::thumbsup:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
GET IN! Now thats the kind of young premier league player you want to see signing for the club!

He played most of Uniteds pre season and impressed, did well at Brum too, very happy if he signs. Big smiles from me, could he be available for Sat?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but he'd been flying completely under my radar. However, the YouTube stuff looks very impressive! Looks a great signing!

A couple of observations from the announcement:

Burke says "he was one of our main targets in the transfer window". Wow! Perhaps a loan to perm deal (if we get promotion)?
The club talk about the play-off semis and final - they clearly haven't given up on this season, despite some on here saying they have.
As others have said, he looks to be a near guaranteed starter - my guess is advanced central midfield (a la lampard of old, or Gerard)

Bring on Millwall!

Seeing as United turned down a £5m deal from Fulham recently, I doubt it. If he is a Lampard type that is EXACTLY what we need.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seagull Love Review ‏@tslr 2m
The fact the United fans aren't entirely happy with this loan move warms us no-end. This guy is rated. #bhafc

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wonder where he will play. There is no chance of us playing two upfront or dropping Leonardo, so he's going to have to play either wide or as the central attacking midfielder, where Orlandi has been in the last few matches.

You'd have to assume he'll slot into that behind the striker / attacking midfielder role with Orlandi going out wide, with Kaz / Buckley / March / Rod or Lopez taking the other side.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
how have we got him?

How about a good manager who plays football the right way for a start. ;) Do you think they would let one of their prized possessions go to a bunch of numpties for the remainder of the season? Well done Oscar and the backroom staff who made it happen :)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
But... didn't we want David Burke out a couple of days ago? How has he turned it around so quickly!? He's supposed to be our new SCAPE GOAT!?!?!!11 :rant:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's ridiculous really how much this news has changed my mood. My Albion mojo has been somewhat meh for a while, but we sign a 21 year old that I've never heard of and suddenly I'm full of the joys of spring! As I say - ridiculous!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's ridiculous really how much this news has changed my mood. My Albion mojo has been somewhat meh for a while, but we sign a 21 year old that I've never heard off and suddenly I'm full of the joys of spring! As I say - ridiculous!

Another Vicente moment ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is the sort of comment we're seeing on redcafe:

"In fact I rate Lingard higher than Januzaj and Zaha during the pre-season"

GET HIM IN!

Oh, we have already. :cheers:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sounds like we may have a player who has a bit of composure for the final ball, something we desperately need. Good signing :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The words I keep seeing on redcafe re: lingard.

"Efficient."
"Clinical."
"Composed."

Yes PLEASE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here