Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jesper Karlsson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah I thought about him some 2.5 years ago because he got Brightonian.. sorry, Brightonese qualities.

Like I mentioned in that post, he had a trial with Brighton back in 2015 so the club is certainly aware of him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What is it with all these Swedes being linked?

Perhaps Matty Ryan has tipped the lad off about what a great club we are?
Its just because Brentford are signing all the Danes...

Nah but generally speaking it is easy to sign Scandinavian players. They already know the language, they are usually not from piss-poor conditions with the shock/consequences that sometimes means when you suddenly get wealthy. Just pretty easy to manage, generally speaking and unlike players from some countries, they don't have £50m added to their fees just because they've played a few games for the national team.

I think Karlsson would be a good signing. Wouldn't outcompete Mitoma or March but could play on both wings and be the perfect squad player in that sense. I predict there will be comparisons with Ali J but Karlsson is less of a one-trick pony.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Dutch league, eh? Can’t see how that could possibly go wrong.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
24 years old. Hardly seems to be ripping it up in the Dutch league.

Not sure about this.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I watch the Eredivisie regularly. I don’t think he’s good enough personally and would need a lot of time to adapt

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They more successful our recruitment strategy becomes, the more lazy journos and agents will link us to everyone. In most cases, I’ve never heard of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here