Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jerusalem vs God save the Queen - which is the better 'England' national anthem?

Jerusalem vs God save the Queen

• Jerusalem

Votes: 105 82.0%
  • God save the Queen

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have the away crowd sung the inevitable 'you should have said yes, you should have said yes, you stupid bas tards, you should have said yes' yet?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Always GSTQ for me, the fact its about one individual is completely irrelevant, it is the song signifies us as a country.

As per BG only possible alternative would be Land of Hope and Glory.....

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So we are told. I don't detect much leadership, merely hereditary entitlement - which, whenever it pops up elsewhere, is a very unattractive characteristic.

Hereditary entitlement eh, surely the worst kind of unattractive characteristic is when those who have it openly reject it, yet we know really they covet it.........

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...en-benn-tony-son-reclaimed-hereditary-peerage

Yet, people will still vote for these kind of shits..........

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I don't think they'll ever make anything by Blake a national anthem.

He was a maverick and anti establishment. Disowned by the church, hence him being buried in bunhill burial grounds...

Even today the Blake society (which i'm a member of) has 'non establishment' figures - Philip Pullman is the current president.

Anywho, voted for Jerusalem, always gives me goosebumps - it's a call to arms, questioning us to make our country a better place. Incredible poet, printer and 'priest'.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Jerusalem is an utterly wonderful tune, stirs me right to the core. Nothing wrong with God Save the Queen though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here