Jerry Springer the Opera

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've been - i thought it was good, but didn't live up to it's hype. If you want a good musical i would choose Les Miserables.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I saw it at the National Theatre. I hate musicals but LOVED it to pieces and raved about it on here. It is NOT your normal "I think I feel a song coming on" kind of event, so make sure she's not expecting Michael Ball or a chorus line.

If your gf is at all prudish or hates bad langauge don't take her, however her reaction may be quite an insight into her real self!!! IE if she laughs like a drain you're onto a winner. ;)

Afterwards I was given a badge with "Chick with a Dick" on it. Am now wondering if I shouldn't grow my hair....

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Weezle said:
I've been - i thought it was good, but didn't live up to it's hype. If you want a good musical i would choose Les Miserables.

Spot on.

Les Mis is the best I've seen.

also

The Lion King isn't to everyone's taste but it's definitely worth a look if you've got kids. The costumes and the woman who plays Rafiki are worth the admission price alone.

Grunty

Jan 16, 2004
Worthing
I have seen it, but with the old cast,
my oldest friend had one of the main parts!

very rude,
dont take Granny

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
I've seen it and it was very very funny and definitely something to talk about if you're taking a date!

Can't quite remember how it goes but I think there was a song called "Six-fingered Cousin Fucker" :lolol:

Lush

Mods' Pet
To give you a bit more of an idea the score of Jerry Springer -' 'The Opera' 'includes such songs as "Ladies and Gentlemen," "Have Yourselves a Good Time," "Bigger than Oprah Winfrey," "Chick With A Dick," "Talk to the Hand," "Diaper Man," "This is my Jerry Springer Moment ," "Mama Gimmee Smack on the A**hole," "I Wanna Sing Something Beautiful," "Poledancer," "Some are Descended from Angels," "Jerrycam ," "Klan Entrance/End of Act One," "Purgatory Dawning," "Eat Excrete," "Him Am the Devil," "Satan & Jesus Spat," "Adam and Eve and Mary" and "Jerry Eleison."

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Sounds good and I've long been a fan of Stewart Lee who wrote it.

Anyone remember Fist of Fun?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lush said:
If your gf is at all prudish or hates bad langauge don't take her, however her reaction may be quite an insight into her real self!!! IE if she laughs like a drain you're onto a winner. ;)

She's not my GF yet. Still if she doesn't find THAT funny... then she's not worthy of the title!

Thanks everyone.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Has anyone seen this? Is it good? Would you recommend it for a DATE with a GIRL?

Well I'm going to see it just before Xmas with my partner, so I'll let you know ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports