Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ooh! Get you with the ad hominems. It's okay, you don't want to answer the question. Fair enough. Corbyn didn't want to either.

Would be delighted to second guess some answers on behalf of the two ladies in question if you just want to carry on one of your enjoyable games of forum oneupmanship? :shrug:

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
I've actually thought long and hard about this. I'm actually quite glad Corbyn got in. For once there will be a real choice between the parties and I think he will engage young people and get them voting again. He is also the sort of politician I prefer. The other candidates were HOPELESS. So far, so good. But..................

He will need to make Labour electable and he'll have to take the left leaning ground in Scotland back from the SNP as well as appealing to floating voters in order to do so. The sort of manifesto that would appeal to one would turn off the other. No wonder the bloke's 7-1 with the bookies. Secondly I believe he will divide Labour even further to the point where we're treated to more Militant Tendancy, Degsy in a taxi type split with rancorous party conferences played on a loop by a delighted Murdich media (and Murdoch will try to crucify him, the press are already at it). Thirdly, if the Labour election manifesto leans too far left - raising taxes to stupid levels, handing back the Falklands, practicing positive discrimination etc - then I would go back on my pledge to vote for the best constituency MP and vote for whoever I thought would keep Corbyn out (and that might be the Tories for the first time in my life). There is a level that wouldn't put me off - I'm all for social justice - but a neat balance would have to be struck. Is he a good enough leader to do that or are we looking at purges and little red books?
Hand them back to who ?? They've never , ever been Argentinian , so who do you have in mind to hand them back to ?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
You don't vote for the politician...you vote for his parties policies...so if you vote for him you'er voting to leave the country defenceless....you are voting for tax rises and 7p on NI ,you're voting for raging inflation by printing millions you don't the gold reserves to cover...(wonder where our gold reserves went too.) You voting to cosy up to terrorist and the enemies of this country.
When asked about what if this country was attacked what would he do? His answer was to open a dialogue with them....Great idea JC...can I be the first to ask you to go to Syria...see Jidha John and have a reasonable conversation with him.
If you voters want that sort of Britain you must be mad.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hand them back to who ?? They've never , ever been Argentinian , so who do you have in mind to hand them back to ?

That Argie president is just using this for political gain, if we hand them back that will be a real vote winner, NOT

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
John Major opened talks with them, Blair/Mo Molan were responsible for bringing in the Good Friday Agreement - they didn't resign over it?
All correct, they HAD to meet them as part of the peace process, Corbyn didnt have the mandate or authority to negotiate with the IRA , and he took no part whatsoever in ANY of the peace talks that led to the GFA , he met them because he supported them, if he didnt he'd have met loyalists groups as well, and this is what the traitor who he has just appointed shadow chancellor said in 2003

''It's about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle.
It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table''.

Lovely stuff eh ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I don't. Corbyn might well hand them to the Argentines though if you believe quotes dragged up from yesteryear.. And they've been settled by Argentina and many other countries and only British since 1833. I still wouldn't give up their sovereignty though/

Annoying when people you probably agree with on an issue are pedantic anyway isn't it?

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
You don't vote for the politician...you vote for his parties policies...so if you vote for him you'er voting to leave the country defenceless....you are voting for tax rises and 7p on NI ,you're voting for raging inflation by printing millions you don't the gold reserves to cover...(wonder where our gold reserves went too.) You voting to cosy up to terrorist and the enemies of this country.
When asked about what if this country was attacked what would he do? His answer was to open a dialogue with them....Great idea JC...can I be the first to ask you to go to Syria...see Jidha John and have a reasonable conversation with him.
then give them whatever they ask for, we'd have no choice if dealing with a forward thinking modern nuclear power like north korea or pakistan :facepalm:

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
I don't. Corbyn might well hand them to the Argentines though if you believe quotes dragged up from yesteryear.. And they've been settled by Argentina and many other countries and only British since 1833. I still wouldn't give up their sovereignty though/

Annoying when people you probably agree with on an issue are pedantic anyway isn't it?
its a very important point,not at all pedantic, your post would suggest we took them from argentina when we didnt at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
its a very important point,not at all pedantic, your post would suggest we took them from argentina when we didnt at all.

We did in 1982. They didn't have them for very long, granted but they definitely had them, albeit illegally. The islands have also had French, Spanish and South American settlers in the past.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So much this. Labour have lost my vote because of this man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here