Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My view is the only one with a chance against Cameron is Kendall, but she's last with seemingly no chance

Kendall is doing her party a disservice by not pulling out:

1. The polls indicate she has no chance.
2. The Corbyn thing is getting out of hand. Kendall's votes redistributed will give Burnham and Cooper a boost.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
At least Corbyn would offer you a different vote come general election, rather then Torie light like the others!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Kendall is doing her party a disservice by not pulling out:

1. The polls indicate she has no chance.
2. The Corbyn thing is getting out of hand. Kendall's votes redistributed will give Burnham and Cooper a boost.

a bit odd all this asking Kendell to pull out, considering she obtained 6 more nominations than Corbyn, genunine ones at that not to "open debate". her supporters second/third etc preferance votes will go to one of the others anyway.

think about that a bit: several dozen more members of the parliamentry Labour party support Kendall than Corbyn. this isnt going to end with the leadership election, going to make for an interesting internal squabble.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
a bit odd all this asking Kendell to pull out, considering she obtained 6 more nominations than Corbyn, genunine ones at that not to "open debate". her supporters second/third etc preferance votes will go to one of the others anyway.

think about that a bit: several dozen more members of the parliamentry Labour party support Kendall than Corbyn. this isnt going to end with the leadership election, going to make for an interesting internal squabble.

The fact is that this leadership contest has been going on a long while and it is clear Kendall is last and in single digits. It is also clear the moral compass of the party is still well to the left and nowhere near Blair territory.

I think it more likely she stood as leader to further her career prospects within a future Cabinet, of being a champion of the right of the party. Well she's achieved that goal now.

Just as the Tories have always had 'wets' and right wingers I suspect three wins under Blair has similarly divided the party for decades. Corbyn will certainly not unite the party but neither of the other two convince either.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Corbyn is surely the favourite as he stands for the Left , whilst the other three split the middle/right vote of the Labour Party. If there were three Corbyn types and one of the other three I`m sure with the left Vote split,the single middle/right candidate would prevail to start with.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Democracy is a whole lot more than just the parliamentary parties. If Corbyn wins the vote why should anyone squabble? Are the rank and file member's thoughts not valid? The Labour party doesn't belong to just the MPs, it's all of ours.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Democracy is a whole lot more than just the parliamentary parties. If Corbyn wins the vote why should anyone squabble? Are the rank and file member's thoughts not valid? The Labour party doesn't belong to just the MPs, it's all of ours.

Membership is growing at its fastest rate for 60 years & some of those chosen be the members to REPRESENT the members are not happy with this. Bizarre

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02z3x45

Asked to condemn IRA violence 5 times , refused and weaseled out of the question 5 times , the IRA who he refused to condemn , blew up a hotel in Brighton , and murdered countless british civilians and service personnel, anyone , literally ANYONE who thinks this piece of shit is fit to lead the government and be in charge of the same british troops whose murderers he refused to condemn , and votes for him, is a c*nt, end of story.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Democracy is a whole lot more than just the parliamentary parties. If Corbyn wins the vote why should anyone squabble? Are the rank and file member's thoughts not valid?

they are very valid, possibly more so. fact is there is clearly a schism between the MPs and the membership. i cant see how the MPs will unite behind him having so little support for him in the first place, to the extent that half those nominating him have withdrawn their support.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If she does lose her votes will go to Cooper and Burnham anyway. Why should she drop out?

Because it's clear she's not going to win. Indeed, if she truly cares she'll bow out and let Burnham / Cooper both receive a welcome boost of votes that they badly need. If she does nothing then Corbyn could get power and that would be the worst outcome for her Politically as she is to the right and he is so far left.

If she bows out now she could make a speech that could tip the balance back towards the centre ground away from Corbyn and both Cooper and Burnham would be in her debt. A high profile Cabinet position could then follow, or they would boy have an influential enemy if it didn't.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am beginning to change my mind on this one... if it will upset Alastair Campbell so much, then it might actually be a good thing :laugh:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Labour Party R.I.P
angel13.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02z3x45

Asked to condemn IRA violence 5 times , refused and weaseled out of the question 5 times , the IRA who he refused to condemn , blew up a hotel in Brighton , and murdered countless british civilians and service personnel, anyone , literally ANYONE who thinks this piece of shit is fit to lead the government and be in charge of the same british troops whose murderers he refused to condemn , and votes for him, is a c*nt, end of story.

He clearly stated he condemned all bombing at the beginning, and explained his thinking from both sides. Thought the interviewer was being a bit of a knob myself; he got his answer but felt compelled to dwell on the issue. I'm pleased Corbyn didn't get too drawn into this interviewer's nonsense.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
they are very valid, possibly more so. fact is there is clearly a schism between the MPs and the membership. i cant see how the MPs will unite behind him having so little support for him in the first place, to the extent that half those nominating him have withdrawn their support.

I hear what you're saying. I hope that if Corbyn wins, and he wins well, the MPs will have little option to back him given the rank and file support. On what grounds, apart from sheer arrogance, could they argue otherwise? If they do grumble then it will say an awful lot about their detachment and aloofness.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I hear what you're saying. I hope that if Corbyn wins, and he wins well, the MPs will have little option to back him given the rank and file support. On what grounds, apart from sheer arrogance, could they argue otherwise? If they do grumble then it will say an awful lot about their detachment and aloofness.

I think this is right. The Labour Party MPs are not just out of touch with the country, they are out of touch with their own members. As a Westminster group they have utterly failed to provide and articulate a coherent alternative to the Tories. And that is quite a major fail, because it should be pretty easy to provide a decent alternative. It is not hard in these circumstances to see why Corbyn has got such support.

IMHO it is way beyond who is the leader. Whoever wins should do little else for the first year than go away and work out exactly how it is that the only party (theoretically) that stands for society, communities social justice and the most vulnerable is getting caned this badly. They need concepts, then policies, then communication. Without this they may never govern again, because people are falling for the Tory con trick.

While I don't like the narrative that says Corbyn would be a disaster, it would be difficult. Michael Foot was a far better man than those who slaughtered him in the right-wing media, but those attacks were damaging. He was an academic in a world of soundbites, and Thatcher made mincemeat of him. I think Corbyn is tougher and more streetwise, will be interesting if he wins.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
He clearly stated he condemned all bombing at the beginning, and explained his thinking from both sides. Thought the interviewer was being a bit of a knob myself; he got his answer but felt compelled to dwell on the issue. I'm pleased Corbyn didn't get too drawn into this interviewer's nonsense.
Sorry HT, what he said doesnt cut it for me ,he was CLEARLYtrying to avoid condemning the IRA , it was quite clear to anyone listening ti the interview, please dont insult my intelligence by claiming otherwise he didnt get his answer at all , i dont want my PM to condemn all bombing , i want my PM to condemn , unequivocally the c**ts who murdered countless british people , and tried to murder me( you know who i am ), personally , you can have a sympathetic view to irish republicanism , and condemn the IRA unequivocally( see the SDLP) but Corbyn wont, because its obvious he doesnt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here