Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jenson Button - World Champion

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If all the drivers were driving the same car do you think Button would be the world champion?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If all the drivers were driving the same car do you think Button would be the world champion?

who gives a f***

He is WORLD CHAMPION.....not some Johhny foreignor, a BRITISH driver , in a BRITISH car with a BRITISH Team

What a fantastic season and a fantastic team

well done Jenson

marvellous scenes

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

thanks for that Mr Happy... a typical brit disease - kick a man when he's winning.
Well done JB. U R better than everyone else . Maybe BHA should take a leaf

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good for Jenson, he did the damage at the start of the season. He did tail off to say the least but be very proud of two things,

1 He's British !

2, It's not a f***ing Ferrari that won it !

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Met him at Gatwick once, top bloke made time to stop and have a chat with me and my wife let us have photos taken and all that.
Very approachable guy and his bird was FIT !
Well done Jenson, you deserve it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a great story, the bloke was unemployed 10 months ago, to say nothing of having been written off as useless after the arrival of Hamilton. I doubt a world title has ever been so sweet to the winner.

The bandwagon-jumpers are wading in already I see - Mayor of Frome, Sports Minister...

On the plus side, however, an opportunity for gratuitous pics of his bird.

2504kf4.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If all the drivers were given the same cars do you think Button would be in the top 10?

on todays performance - yes

if they all had the same car, id back alonso to win it every day of the week

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
thanks for that Mr Happy... a typical brit disease - kick a man when he's winning.
Well done JB. U R better than everyone else . Maybe BHA should take a leaf
I'm not kicking him at all. I'm interested in who you think is the best current driver given the same equipment.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
here we go.....he only won it by early season luck/his car was the best at the time/all his rivals crashed -otherwise they would've beaten him by 100 laps etc. Can't the guy win on merit? He drove better, was more consistant, and won fair and square

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
here we go.....he only won it by early season luck/his car was the best at the time/all his rivals crashed -otherwise they would've beaten him by 100 laps etc. Can't the guy win on merit? He drove better, was more consistant, and won fair and square

I agree. He's 15 points clear with a race to go, and could yet win it by 25 points. Hardly sneaking it.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
sorry but i'm really defensive of us brits.( in F1 ) for some reason, we always seem to find fault even when we win.... nothings ever bloody good enough is it? 2 world champs and 2 constructors in the last 2 years and all we can say????? " well JB scraped it and he was lucky?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A top quality driver won todays race, and another top quality driver secured his maiden championship. Theres no fluke in any of that, and its all very well deserved. hat doffed.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
IMO I think a gaggle of drivers (as opposed to just one driver) rule the roost. Vettel/ Hamilton/Alonso/Raikkonen/ followed by Massa/Sutil/Kubica/Webber/.
My opinion isn't the best, but it's in the the top 1....!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He did damned well. Johnny Foreigner must be getting really fed up of hearing our national anthem yet again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
TCB you're well off-beam to descibe Button as mediocre. It's simply not possible for a mediocre driver to win 6 GPs out of 7.

The story is really about the Brawn team and what they did this season. This will never be repeated in F1 history and I will be looking out for mention of SIR Ross Brawn in the New Year's Honours list because that's some achievement by the man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here