Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jens Scheuer women's team head coach leaves by mutual consent

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sounds like a good appointment with his CV, but don't know enough about it really. Hopefully can improve fortunes

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As expected... been the main rumour for a month or so.

Know nothing about him but will be interesting to see how it goes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This appears to have gone under the radar somewhat, possibly because of the euphoria of soundly beating Southampton on this board, as in not very much interest.

This appointment excites me in terms of a statement of intent from the club.
It will clearly take a lot of work to break into the top 4 or 5 in the league, but Bloom has made the womens team an integral part of the overall ethos of the club and wants them to be able to compete.
I expect Jens has been promised a transfer fund at the end of this season, can’t wait to see this develop.
Brighton: Ex-Bayern Munich boss Jens Scheuer is new manager
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64108505

Last edited:

talk2knighty

Dec 26, 2014
This appears to have gone under the radar somewhat, possibly because of the euphoria of soundly beating Southampton, or just good old fashioned male chovanistic attitudes.

This appointment excites me in terms of a statement of intent from the club.
It will clearly take a lot of work to break into the top 4 or 5 in the league, but Bloom has made the womens team an integral part of the overall ethos of the club and wants them to be able to compete.
I expect Jens has been promised a transfer fund at the end of this season, can’t wait to see this develop.
Brighton: Ex-Bayern Munich boss Jens Scheuer is new manager
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64108505
When you say “under the Radar” in what context?

I read it on here, I got an email from club, splashed all over club site and at one point 6th story on BBC sport, hardly under the radar I’d say!

And as for your “ chauvinistic” comment 🤦‍♂️

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sound like a good appointment, but why did he leave Bayern? I presume we’ve not poached him directly from them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sounds like a great appointment.

Hopefully it’s the catalyst the team needs to start improving, as with loss of some players seem to be going backwards.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
When you say “under the Radar” in what context?

I read it on here, I got an email from club, splashed all over club site and at one point 6th story on BBC sport, hardly under the radar I’d say!

And as for your “ chauvinistic” comment.
Ah, sorry I was unwell yesterday and looked on NSC after reading the Albion website, at about 3am in the morning, and could not see a thread about it on the first page.
Thus my comment “under the radar” sorry about that, it had been me “under the covers, unwell”

As for my “chauvinistic“ comment!
considering there are only about 5 comments before my post was amalgamated into this one, and 4 posts since mine, maybe I have a point considering one of them yours is getting all defensive….

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
A good appointment on paper, he seems a very professional and modern coach for the team. Hopefully he can inspire an improvement in the performances and help attract a better standard of player.

I am concerned that we might be doomed a little bit though, just purely due to name recognition. We have the best facilities for the women's team but couldn't prevent losing Le Tissier and Brazil to bigger clubs in the men's game. I wonder how the WSL can break away from being the female teams of the men's clubs and be their own entities outright.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sound like a good appointment, but why did he leave Bayern? I presume we’ve not poached him directly from them.
He got sacked because they had a shite season (not really, but below their expectations).

They traditionally haven't had a good women's team but recently started pouring money into it and now expect to win every year.
A good appointment on paper, he seems a very professional and modern coach for the team. Hopefully he can inspire an improvement in the performances and help attract a better standard of player.

I am concerned that we might be doomed a little bit though, just purely due to name recognition. We have the best facilities for the women's team but couldn't prevent losing Le Tissier and Brazil to bigger clubs in the men's game. I wonder how the WSL can break away from being the female teams of the men's clubs and be their own entities outright.
Probably never - the sport has gone in the completely opposite direction. 20 years ago women only-clubs dominated most leagues and European Cups but now the traditional teams are taking over.

I don't think the WSL teams can break away without losing ground to multi-sport clubs (which is the most common form outside England; for instance FC Barcelona are very good at handball, basketball, volleyboll etc) where the idea of women's team breaking away is not even thought of.

Appears to be the same in England now (not multi-sports perhaps, but multi-teams) being the way forward.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wasn't so long ago...

Of course even a 2% chance to win is sometimes enough. Chelsea had 30 shots in that game, Brighton had 3. Once in a while that works out, a fuckload of times it wont.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here