Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jeff Stelling Leaving Sky Sports

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very sad news. Soccer Saturday IS Jeff Stelling, he is, just IMO the greatest sports anchor ever, yes even better than our Des. I don't care who replaces him, the programme won't be the same and yes that does mean it could get better - but frankly I doubt it. (The same as QOS isn't a patch on the version with Sue, Phil and and Matt).

Just hope they don't got for that bland bore who often hosts the midweek programmes (Julian something?). He always sound like he should be selling insurance.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Garth Crooks has served his apprenticeship well on the BBC and deserves a chance in the hot seat.

He’s too slow. Wouldn’t be able to keep up.

Nailed on for Chris Kamala.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In other news, despite his disgusting past, I quite like Clinton Morrison. Comes across well, has a wry turn of phrase and IMO turns in some succinct analysis. He clearly enjoys what he's doing, I like his enthusiasm, whatever game he gets lumbered with.

To be fair, I can just about tolterate him as a bit-part pundit. But, to be fair, as a co-commentator, he's one of the very worst. To be fair.

Irate Ninja

Apr 19, 2012
North Laine
I worked with Jeff on and off for a few years and I can say without a shadow of doubt he is the complete professional, absolute legend and lovely guy. He told me his son was starting at Sussex Uni a few years back and that he was going to have a chat with Chris H about getting him tickets...very happy to hear his son has become a fan.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I worked with Jeff on and off for a few years and I can say without a shadow of doubt he is the complete professional, absolute legend and lovely guy. He told me his son was starting at Sussex Uni a few years back and that he was going to have a chat with Chris H about getting him tickets...very happy to hear his son has become a fan.

I feel I should seek out your other 6 posts in 9 years :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here