Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Jeff Beck - RIP

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
For once the phrase ".....giant among rock guitar legends...." seems very inadequate.

I regret that I know little of his output apart from the one song that probably gave him a firm financial foundation. A friend was a huge fan of his "Wired" album and I must educate myself on his catalogue

I saw him once, not on stage but loading his Waitrose shopping into his car. I vaguely recognised his face but the show room condition and colourful "muscle car" he was driving gave it away!
He loved his hot rods for sure...

Attachments

• Jeff-Beck-1024x678.png
    Jeff-Beck-1024x678.png
    374.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 21ff0aa56874455b3f5d468d03daff54.jpg
    21ff0aa56874455b3f5d468d03daff54.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 38

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Around at a friends for dinner tonight and a video came on of Jeff Beck on TV. She casually mentioned she was his girlfriend for 6 years back in the 70s

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Wow ! This news passed me by completely and only now have I been made aware of his passing. I am sad. He was one of our generation of guitar heroes,in an age when virtuosity was appreciated .
One of the greats for sure ... RIP Jeff Beck

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I too missed this first time round.

RIP JB

Wolves sing the Hi-Ho tune pre kick off.
My friend said he hated Hi-Ho Silver Lining oddly enough.

Obviously the conversation changed somewhat last night after her revelation. Her first husband built/maintained his Hot Rods. When their marriage came to an end they remained firm friends and it was he who set her up with a date with Jeff. He took her to America a few times and she fell in love with the place. She split from him after 6 years and moved there for 20 years. She always stayed in touch and even showed us her contacts list on her phone with his mobile still on it! She showed us loads of photo's etc. She has loads of tapes, reel to reel and other stuff from back in the day.

When she returned to holiday back here she would meet up with him again. When her touring "Rock Chick" days were over in the States, he introduced her to a local car mechanic who she married. Unfortunately he died last year. He also led a very interesting life, having been great friends with Stirling Moss, racing with him but also sidecar racing.

I've known her and her late husband for 15+ years and we often meet for a drink with friends but she always surprises us with her life stories. She could write a book.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh wow! These rock great deaths are starting to feel a bit close to home now, for those of us of an age.

RIP - hope there is a silver lining, Jeff.
Ha! I just gave a thumbs up to your post as thought, yes, it IS sad that guitar legend Jeff Beck has just died - then I found out it was last year! I'd completely forgotten and thus was sad all over again. :(

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He loved his hot rods for sure...

He once built a 32 3 window Ford Coupe for then girlfriend, Julia Smith. It was featured in a copy of Street Machine magazine in their Cars and Girls section. Julia went on to be more famous as a TV presenter and first wife of England rugby captain Will Carling.

Advert for the car in the early 90s believe it was sold to a guy who relocated to the US in the early 2000s and took the car with him.

IMG_3489.jpeg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here