Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jean Marie Dongou of Barca B (Merged)

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Unlikely I'd say. Not that Barca wouldn't want to help Oscar out, but I just can't see why they would want to loan a player they may see as a future star to an English 2nd tier team.

Dongou is class, seen him lots of times and is one of 3 players (along with Sanabria and Sandro Ramirez) that Barca have that could genuinely progress through to be the Number 9 striker they've been missing for quite some time. People on here really thought we were in with a chance of Deulofeu, but that was never going to happen in a million years. Dongou may have a slightly higher chance of being loaned out to a lower league club than Deulofeu, but I'd still rate the chances as less than 1%.

Deulofeu seems to spend most of his time on the bench at Everton. Perhaps they think he would get more minutes in the championship?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Deulofeu seems to spend most of his time on the bench at Everton. Perhaps they think he would get more minutes in the championship?

Perhaps, but seeing as he already plays in the Spanish 2nd tier for Barcelona B, not sure they would see the point in him coming here. At least Deulofeu is playing at a higher level with Everton.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow! Looks a real player in those videos. If only...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Could and probably would be the difference if we could possibly pull off a signing like this or even 2.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

He took a little time to adapt but he's making more appearances now and making a difference too. MOTM the last couple of games. Masterstroke by Martinez.

"I'm not thinking about [extending his stay] now," the Everton boss declared to the press. "What I am excited about is seeing Gerard's potential to develop and show his best in next five months. He is such a special footballer, one that anyone would enjoy watching. He's adjusted to life in the British game and understands what is needed - and he has done that quicker than we expected.

"We have an agreement [with Barcelona] over 10 months - it would be ridiculous to sit down now about the next step. We're all happy and will leave it until the end of the season and see where we are. If he does really well, the chances of having him longer are slim."

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Jean Marie Dongou

I would LOVE IT, but I'll believe it when I see it.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Having watched the video I find it extremely hard to believe he's going to end up with us in anything other than our dreams. If he does, he'd be ripping a new one in pretty much every championship defence!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Posh Spice is a slapper,
She really is a moo,
And when she's sh*gging Beckham,
She's dreaming of Dongou

:moo:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The more I read about this wonderguy, he is good,but the less chances there are of us signing him....but who knows....nobody would've dreamed of us signing an international star who six months previously had played in the England team,then played for us in the 4th division

The Terror of defences everywhere...the great Bobby Smith

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Re: Jean Marie Dongou

It's a long term plan with Deulofeu. Everton and Martinez were carefully selected by Barça for his development this season, and possibly next. He has a lot still to learn and so they are rightly taking their time with him. Off the pitch is where he needs to develop most at the moment. Will see a lot more of him second half of the season. He will be one of the world's best players in a few years time.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Marie Dongou

Brighton are interested in Barcelona B striker Jean Marie Dongou.

According to some comments posted on Twitter.

Just thought id mention it.......

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd love to see it, but I think he's destined for bigger things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here