Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jay Emanuel-Thomas

Lets review how good they are next season.
Howe won't change his system so the Bournemouth back four will have to be very quick and very mobile next season to cope with every PL team counter-attacking them. Elphick and Cook haven't played against this quality before and some teams will take them to the cleaners.
I didn't hear too many complaints when we let them go. Elphick was struggling to get in the side and Cook was off the radar. Upson, Greer and Dunk seemed to give us more options.

They had a better season than our pair of ****witts.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
It's a yes from me.
Can appear very lazy. Indeed he can be very lazy.
But when in the mood he can bully defenders, has an eye for a pass, and has a decent shot on him.
The decider for me is that he is proven to be able to form a productive partnership with the only striker we are pretty well guaranteed to have here in August.

Dont you think he would have already had a glowing testimony from Baldock who would have had a word in Hughton,s ear

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm bored of all these non entity footballers who's names get thrown around NSC.

So first thing this morning I searched 'Top goal scorer in Belgium'.

One of the first hits was Aleksandar Mitrovic who cost Anderlecht 5m euros.

His show reel looked great (already he was clearly far too good for us).
I then noted he scored against Arsenal in this years Champions League.
Now obviously a Ben's Granddad muse is more likely to come to us than this guy.

Just to ice the cake Newcastle have offered £15m for him.

BUT MY POINT STILL STANDS.

This fella scored a hatful at under 19's internationals and was progressing through Eastern European ranks, before seemingly 'easily' stepping up again in Belgium.

Why are the club scratching around with Spurs cast offs, and why is NSC happy to offer up a succession of Jay Emanuel-Thomas'.

There's a whole planet of footballers out there, let's, club and fans, be proactive for a change.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lets review how good they are next season.
Howe won't change his system so the Bournemouth back four will have to be very quick and very mobile next season to cope with every PL team counter-attacking them. Elphick and Cook haven't played against this quality before and some teams will take them to the cleaners.
I didn't hear too many complaints when we let them go. Elphick was struggling to get in the side and Cook was off the radar. Upson, Greer and Dunk seemed to give us more options.

There are a couple of posters like this, who are using old players as a stick to beat the club/former manager with. They think it makes them look knowledgeable. They also repeat it several times in several threads.
It doesn't make it true.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
There are a couple of posters like this, who are using old players as a stick to beat the club/former manager with. They think it makes them look knowledgeable. They also repeat it several times in several threads.
It doesn't make it true.

It's because the lack the intellect to think rationally. Still, makes it entertaining for the rest of us.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would take him. Without a doubt a decent back up Striker, is also still young enough to push on and learn.

NSC for once actually makes a suggestion I agree with.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
One of the first hits was Aleksandar Mitrovic who cost Anderlecht 5m euros.

His show reel looked great (already he was clearly far too good for us).
I then noted he scored against Arsenal in this years Champions League.
Now obviously a Ben's Granddad muse is more likely to come to us than this guy.

Just to ice the cake Newcastle have offered £15m for him.

I signed Mitrovic for Brighton to lead the line when I got promoted to the Prem in FM14. He cost £11 - a large portion of the transfer fund - but he scored 24 and 26 goals as Brighton stunned everyone to finish fourth, and then second, in consecutive seasons.

He then threw his toys out of the pram to force a £32m move to Bayern, but I won't hold that against him as he was always destined for bigger clubs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In looking for a perfect set up for a 'hilarious' joke I happened upon Deniss Rakels, playing in Poland.

20 years old - scores at international under 21 level - now scoring in Poland's top division.
This is the kind of player we should be after, someone with a point to prove who's not been corrupted by English football and money, but most probably would like to be!

Then I read:-

In July 2013 he went on trial with the English Football League Championship club Brighton & Hove Albion, but did not stay with them, despite scoring a goal in a pre-season friendly match

I guess he came over with t'other fella.

This scouting lark isn't as easy as BG makes out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Top goal scorer in Serbia.

The 22 year old, 6 ft 2 Nigerian:-

Patrick Friday Eze

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I signed Mitrovic for Brighton to lead the line when I got promoted to the Prem in FM14. He cost £11 - a large portion of the transfer fund - but he scored 24 and 26 goals as Brighton stunned everyone to finish fourth, and then second, in consecutive seasons.

He then threw his toys out of the pram to force a £32m move to Bayern, but I won't hold that against him as he was always destined for bigger clubs.

I hope that's not a portent of what's coming this summer...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Top goal scorer in Serbia.

The 22 year old, 6 ft 2 Nigerian:-

Patrick Friday Eze

I'd take him anyway, just for the song potential.

Sunday, Monday: happy days....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd take him anyway, just for the song potential.

Sunday, Monday: happy days....
Or we could turn up dressed as Big Daddy, easier for some than others (should that be Eze-ier ...).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think he might want to bring the opposition goalkeepers with him :rolleyes:
There's an 11 minute show reel that looks like I'm in goal, for ALL the teams.

Nevertheless just for the speculative joy of a new face, I'd rather have Pat Friday proving a point next season, over most of the 'you owe me a living' (Kemy cough et al) names brandished around NSC this Summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here