Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Java Plugin - Virus Alert

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thanks for the warning. I ignored it. Chrome.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Working fine for me now too, thanks.

I blame Bagelspam. It was all good before they pitched up...:spam:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If it gets into your PC its an utter bugger. Caused all sorts of unwanted adverts and redirection to websites. Installed Norton (my existing protection was a tad flakey to say the least), ran a scan and following removal of the viruses everything seems fine.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Fine now!

Jul 7, 2003
Okay here now as well.

Genuine question for Bozza - given the things you have had to change on the site to keep the Google Ads, do you not have any come back to them about them sending through dodgy adverts? You would hope that they would check these things before pushing them out onto sites such as this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Had this twice this morning before I left to go to Birmingham. AVG stopped it on Chrome but the NSC page was replaced with what Everest posted as a screenshot in post #31

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was a little worried as I updated something else this morning (adobe/flash player, I think) and was a little paranoid, but the java update thing just showed up for me, too. I just closed the window before getting any details.

I've noticed that Adobe flash player and to a lesser extent acrobat like to update after Microsoft do their monthly security updates. There was an official Java update quite recently too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You know what ? North Stand Chat actually works perfectly well without the ads bringing it to a slow crawl or left hanging in cyberspace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here