Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Steele

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Interesting article in The Times today regarding the life of second choice 'keepers. Our Jason features and it's well worth a read. Probably paywalled but you know the way round.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Good article and again it shows that Steele is a really good pro. He joins in the success of the team, he plays a huge part in it, not just being ready but in the support role.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Even did a mini Gross turn at one point, that’s an immediate win in my book

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A fine keeper he is. Sometimes you wonder if maybe he is wasting his time being a backup for Brighton. Would be a starter in nearly every Championship team.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
As others have said, given the lack of game time, I struggle to recall a single misplaced pass out from the back. Rarely ever resorted to going long. Hugely impressive composure in what was otherwise a tough match against a side aiming to put our passing game under as much pressure as they could.

Slight aside, but I think those caveating with “didn’t have much to do” aren’t fully appreciating the role keepers play for us these days - they’re basically an 11th outfielder crucial to building attacks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here