Jarvis Cocker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
He was in Harry Potter, he did Relaxed Muscle and he has written 4976056 songs. Got married to Cami and now has a cute son Arthur, they split their time between Paris and Sheffield.

He has his ****s Are Running The World song but probably won't be able to release it because of having it played on radio and has so far refused to do a radio edit.

He is hosting a Radio 4 show starting from Tuesday.

My niece, Vanity on here, has an unhealthy obsession with him and as such the rest of us are up to speed on him whether we like it or not!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not as good as Joe.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Shame really that Pulp lost their way, as I thought His ‘N’ Hers was good and Different Class was excellent.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I thought 'This is Hardcore' was under-rated; Two of the tracks especially were brilliant: 'The Fear' and 'Glory Days'.

Still, I guess it would be difficult to keep writing songs about poverty. slumming it in a bedsit, living on the dole, etc, when you've become a millionaire success following 'Common People'. and have bought a nice big house in Hoxton Square.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
His new single's very good with some great lyrics in the chorus

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
They're rereleasing His n Hers, Different Class and This Is Hardcore next month along with B-sides and various other rarities :)

Pulp will return - they're one of those bands that are too natural to split up.

While, I'm at it, is it ok to mention that Kula Shaker are playing The Old Market in Hove next month?

(Scuttles back under Britpop bedsheets)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Stinkers Bridge said:
....and they probably won't turn their noses up at some easy cash somewhere along the lines in the future. Christmas gigs ala Status Quo, Glitter band etc ???

I politely suggest that you haven't taken a great interest in their career so far. They've been on and off for over 25 years and, given the burnout they all (particularly Jarvis) suffered in the aftermath of Britpop, they were entitled to enter a hiatus (during which they have all, particularly Cocker and Hawley, pursued innumerable projects.)

If you want tired old cynics picking up easy cash check out The Who, The Stones and Oasis.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Saw him DJing in the Mint Lounge in Manchester about a month ago.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Doesn't he write all of the songs for the Arctic Monkeys??

TONY

Jul 27, 2004
HANTS
PULPINTRO a collection of the EP's around the Babies era.
Pulp at their best.

Some of the B-sides, 'Street lights' in particular on 'Do you remember the First Time' 12" are superb.

Pulptastic

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had a very strange experience going to an Albionaway last season, can't remember which one.

I had borrowed my girlfriends MP3 player and was flicking through half asleep when "common people" came on.

The train stopped at a station and as I opened my eyes Jarvis Cocker walked passed me and got off the train with a couple of bags and a baby in a pram.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports