Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jara fined

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Jara handed driving fine

West Brom defender Gonzalo Jara has been fined £3,500 for getting behind the wheel of a car while banned for drink driving.

Last Updated: 20/01/12 at 17:41 Post Comment

Jara: Pleaded guilty to driving offences

The Albion defender pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and driving without insurance when he appeared at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Friday.

The 26-year-old right-back, who gave his address as Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, was banned from driving for 17 months in July last year.

Sussex Police said they stopped the Chilean international player's Audi Q7 sports car in Brighton city centre, East Sussex, just before 11am on December 17.

Brighton magistrates disqualified Jara from driving for 12 months and ordered that he also pay £100 in costs.

The player, who moved to West Brom for £1.4million in 2009, joined Championship Brighton on loan in October but was recalled by the Premier League side last month and has started their last two matches.

Post Comment
View all Comments

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
about 3 days wages then! Forgot about all this police drama :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As fines are based on earnings I think that gives a fair representation of his wages - to come to us he would have to take a pay cut (which he might do of course in return for the security of a longer contract) not forgetting that Baggies won't let him go anyway until they have their first choice players back from injury. This one if it happens will probably go to the very end of the transfer window - also assuming of course that Hodgson stays in the job until the end of the month

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I ant being funny but why has he only got another 12month ban and a pathetic fine, not saying he deserved time, but surely thats a bit pathetic, his shown a complete disregard for the legal system by getting behind the wheel.

I cant stand drink drivers for one, and then driving while disqualified shows me his a bit of a cock tbh.

Would rather we didnt sign him and i dont think we will.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I ant being funny but why has he only got another 12month ban and a pathetic fine, not saying he deserved time, but surely thats a bit pathetic, his shown a complete disregard for the legal system by getting behind the wheel.

I cant stand drink drivers for one, and then driving while disqualified shows me his a bit of a cock tbh.

i was thinking along the same lines

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
IF, he has learned his lesson, ie. this is the UK, then yes I would be more than happy if he signed for us (if we could afford him ).

ah...i think i should have read the previous post a bit more clearly...i was referring to the punishment...and had thought just a fine..but op says another 12 month ban...i will check me facts...re signing...i have an open mind over that...clearly skilful...i do wonder about his temperament a tad ..we shall see on that one

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton

You basing your comments on a newspaper article.

Have you not learnt anything over the last 24 hours?

TB

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Jara handed driving fine

West Brom defender Gonzalo Jara has been fined £3,500 for getting behind the wheel of a car while banned for drink driving.

Last Updated: 20/01/12 at 17:41 Post Comment

Jara: Pleaded guilty to driving offences

The Albion defender pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and driving without insurance when he appeared at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Friday.

The 26-year-old right-back, who gave his address as Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, was banned from driving for 17 months in July last year.

Sussex Police said they stopped the Chilean international player's Audi Q7 sports car in Brighton city centre, East Sussex, just before 11am on December 17.

Brighton magistrates disqualified Jara from driving for 12 months and ordered that he also pay £100 in costs.

The player, who moved to West Brom for £1.4million in 2009, joined Championship Brighton on loan in October but was recalled by the Premier League side last month and has started their last two matches.

Post Comment
View all Comments

Lose chage compred to his wages

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
IF, he has learned his lesson, ie. this is the UK, and he understands that he is not entitled to drive for whatever period, then yes I would be more than happy if he signed for us (if we could afford him ).

Wasn't he supposed to learn his lesson first time?

Not sure the DD laws in Chile will be much different to be fair, banned is banned ... pretty universal methinks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here