Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January transfer window

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Reports suggesting that Boca president Juan Roman Riquelme has stated that we will be signing two of his players in January

Valentin Barco - we all know about him
Leandro Frey - 21 year old promising goalkeeper.

With Mazilu coming in where else would you invest in Jan?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Links to reports ? According to what I’ve seen he hasn’t made any public comments since being elected president on Sunday.

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Steele hasn’t got much longer left, Rushworth and Bradley are promising but maybe a few years away. Wouldn’t mind another decent ball playing keeper
Jason Steele is 33! He's a relative youngster, and could easily be playing for another 5 years.

Beyond him (or ahead, depending on your opinions) we have - off the top of my head -

Bart Verbruggen
Tom McGill
Kjell Scherpen
Carl Rushworth
James Beadle
Toby Bull
Lorenz Ferdinand

That said, none of that is a block to signing another -that just isn't how our recruitment works. If a player is available and is good business, we'll be interested.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reports suggesting that Boca president Juan Roman Riquelme has stated that we will be signing two of his players in January

This is great.

But, I think we need experience at full back and at right wing. Look at Hall at Newcastle. Huge potential but Howe won’t play him now because he can’t reach the elite level required (yet), he might go back to Chelsea.

My concerns are at right wing (Mazilu) and left back (Barco). Those two might have a great future with us but will they be up to much for the rest of the season when we are desperate?

To fight for silverware and Europe again, I think we need a bit more. Barardi and someone like Walker-Peters would give us the required squad cover in my opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Another keeper? - with Rushworth and Beadle coming through? Would be daft .....................

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Someone who can take the ball down the right wing, and cross/shoot with their right foot.

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Firstly, it’s Brey’ not ‘Frey’ and no he hasn’t said that. He has said that it has been difficult finding a place for Brey in the first 11 so he may be interested in going to Europe or out on loan - a general fear often expressed by many managers about developing players when they struggle to offer them game time and a desire expressed by many young players wanting to progress… other Clubs will have both players on their radar …

“The Boca leadership knows that Brey can be the player of the future, but he is currently not having continuity in the First Division and that is why Juan Román Riquelme fears losing him in the next January transfer market and that he will go to Brighton like Valentín Barco...Taking into account that since his arrival in Boca last year, Leandro Brey hardly had a place in the Xeneize First team, the goalkeeper is considering the possibility that if not he makes the leap to Europe; goes out on loan to an Argentine soccer club.”

“The clubs most interested in having Brey's services on loan during 2024 are: Vélez and Estudiantes. Will Juan Román Riquelme give it up or what will happen to the young man from Boca?”

Sounds like Riquelme is saying there could be interest for both at Brighton because of our reputation for scouting and buying Argentinian players and he could sell them both if he wanted to or Brey could just go out on loan - that is very different from saying he has ‘stated that we will be buying both of them in January’.

First off I bet you’re fun at parties.

Secondly yes that’s a typo and it is Brey so well done for that.

It literally says in that article which you’ve copied and pasted “Riquelme fears he will leave to Brighton like Barco” that’s a pretty strong suggestion that we’re in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Off topic, but what a player Riquelme was in one of my early 2000s Championship Manager games

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
January is going to really intresting - TB will want to push on in the EL & the squad shortages are showing - Will he push the boat out ?

I have a wierd feeling that some business with Chelsea might happen - but to us this time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here