Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January Transfer Window

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
5 perfect and not uber unrealistic transfers. . .

Bradley Johnson
Thierry Racon
Gary Burrowdale
A. DECENT. CENTRAL. DEFENDER
A. DECENT. KEEPER

any ideas?

Johnson,Racon, unrealistic ...especially in January. Maybe summer, but Racon is part of Charltons first team squad.
Johnson ...didnt he have a chance to come here and said NO?
DECENT.PLAYERS are very hard to find in Jan...the decent ones stay at their clubs !

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
A new goalkeeper.

A new left back (Don't rate Jake wright on the small amount I've seen him)
New centre back to partner and teach Tunnicliffe
A new right back (Whing to act as cover, Hoyte isn't good enough defensively)

An attacking central midfielder so we can rotate between him and Crofts/Dicker as necessary.
A left winger
A backup winger that can cover either side

A striker

To be sold/loaned out/released in January:

Smith
Wright
McLeod
Cox
Livermore (really want to know why no manager has given him a run of games, as he really should have been agreat signing)
Craig Davies

Last edited:

kalinx

Jan 11, 2006
A new goalkeeper.

A new left back (Don't rate Jake wright on the small amount I've seen him)
New centre back to partner and teach Tunnicliffe
A new right back (Whing to act as cover, Hoyte isn't good enough defensively)

An attacking central midfielder so we can rotate between him and Crofts/Dicker as necessary.
A left winger
A backup winger that can cover either side

A striker

To be sold/loaned out/released in January:

Smith
Wright
McLeod
Cox
Livermore (really want to know why no manager has given him a run of games, as he really should have been agreat signing)
Craig Davies

What are you basing Davies on?

He has never been given a chance

Last nioght was given 5 mins. He should have come on much earlier. The norwich defence were SO SLOW

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Last nioght was given 5 mins. He should have come on much earlier. The norwich defence were SO SLOW

Apart from their right back, which is why it seemed a shame Bennett was playing down the left most of the night.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Yeah thought we should have changed things as soon as they scored their third. Waiting till 5 minutes to go was pointless.

I have never been too impressed with Davies on the chances he's had. Has good pace and work ethic but is shit in the air, very weak on the ball and blew his big chance to impress against Wycombe last week. Definitely not good enough to get us to the playoffs

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
And why Nicky F a 'bit part player'? He's scored 10 goals this season, has looked AT LEAST our best forward, and i think you will find he is one of the first names on the managers team sheet. Poyet has said that he and Murray are his first choice up front.....hardly a bit part player methinks!

My intention wasn't to discredit his service to us. Thank goodness he has scored ten goals!

More to the fact we need to get a younger partnership firing up front and hopefully with good signings all over our squad on into the Championship. :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Reliable Keeper
1 commanding, decent CB to partner Elph/ Virgs- A Sol Campbell-esque figure.
Hoyte for the rest of the season or Experienced RB
1 CM backup
1 Left winger- backup
1 Right Midfielder to replace Cox- Someone that can take Set Pieces
1 Pacey striker on loan- ie Calvin Andrew.

Get rid of:

Smith
Hawkins
C.Davies on loan
Navarro

I'd want the squad to be this after January:

New Keeper
Hoyte
New CB
Elphick
McNulty
Bennett
Crofts
Dicker
New RM
Forster
Murray

Subs:
Kuipers
Dickinson
New Striker
Virgo
New CM
Hart
New LW

This new right midfielder, is he going to replace Bennett then, who, last time I looked, spends most of his time on the right side of midfield! (Cox, normally playing on the left).

5 perfect and not uber unrealistic transfers. . .

Bradley Johnson
Thierry Racon
Gary Burrowdale
A. DECENT. CENTRAL. DEFENDER
A. DECENT. KEEPER

any ideas?

Your first three are all regulars in their respective teams which are in a higher postion than us and playing well. Of course they would come to a team at the wrong end of Div 3 and probably earn less. If you live in dream land, why didn't you suggest the likes of Messi, Torres, Gerrard etc and be done with it!

It seems to me that most of the comments on here are totally unrealistic. If you are going to suggest names why don't you have a go at suggesting transfer fees etc.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Leeds have 4 good center backs, could possibly look at bringing in someone like Marques who isnt starting most weeks, and someone like Andy Robinson on the wing if he can play on the left?

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
LB - Matt Lockwood - on loan at Dagenham (short term job until Mcnulty is back).
LW - Julian Gray - sitting on the bench at Barnsley (will do a job despite Palace connection).
GK - Carlo Nash - not getting a look in at Everton
CD - Aleksander Tunchev - commanding centre half not currently playing

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Leeds have 4 good center backs, could possibly look at bringing in someone like Marques who isnt starting most weeks, and someone like Andy Robinson on the wing if he can play on the left?
Hasn't Marques been injured for a while? Might explain why he hasn't been starting!

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
We need major improvements because the teams below us like Wycombe brought in some quality loans, I believe Simon Davies from Reading who went to Aldershot for a few years who is quality, we need some quality, maybe get some world class players on loan from hull or something.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Hasn't Marques been injured for a while? Might explain why he hasn't been starting!

Oh right, didnt know that tbh!
Still, what i was kind of thinking is that they have 4/5 very good centre backs, one of which would surely be allowed to leave either on loan or permanently?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy solution buy Andy Monkhouse (left midfield) Loan Linvoy Primus from Pompay (Central Defender) Loan Rhys Taylor from Chelsea 19 yeard old reserve team keeper, they have 3 keepers in their first team squad.

Brentford have signed a young Arsenal keeper on loan and John Bostock from Spurs how can they do it and we can't or rather don't

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Team after Jan:

Kuipers (if he aint fit get a keeper in on loan, Smith is pony)
Hoyte
Tunnicliffe
New CB
Mcnulty
Bennett
Crofts
New CM
New LM
Forster
Murray

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just been looking at the PFA site transfer directory.

There are loads of left backs on there, no named ones though and a few goalkeepers most of which are 18 or 19 years old. There is one Aaron Lee Bennet aged 25 was Hartlepools No 1 during Danny Wilsons time as manager would he not be worth consideration as an alternative for us does anybody know anything about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here