Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January Transfer Window

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Who do you want to see the back of, and what positions are a priority for Gus (assuming he gets some funds from Mr Bloom) to bring in.

By the time the "Transfer Window" opens he should have good idea of who he wants and who no longer fits his future plans :falmer: .

For me we need a new keeper before January but Smith :ohmy: has to go (even if it's on loan to another club) :wave: .

The defence is also a main area to look at, if all the squad was fit maybe our back four would be slightly more capable.

Merry Christmas!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A left footed midfielder, Hoyte to stay for the rest of the season. Hopefully the never ending quest for a quality central midfielder who will run the game will come to an end but doubt it.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
we need a left back desperately. even when Jimmy Mac is fit we will still need cover.

we have far too many centre backs of average standard and below so get rid of a couple of these and bring in an experienced centre back maybe even two if we can find them.

Hoyte to stay for the season or cover for right back.

Aaron Davies and Matt Thornhill should return to Forest, they havent really had the chance to show what they can do, having said that when they have played they havent taken that chance.

Up front we have enough cover but could possibly do with a left winger, if the rumours about Andy Monkhouse are true then he could be the answer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We need a keeper, left back, centre back, right back, creative midfielder who can take a corner/free kick, left winger.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Jake Wright is adequate temporary cover for McNulty. It's just a shame both are injured at the same time.

We definitely need a decent left sided winger to complement Bennett on the opposite wing.

Up front, here it becomes difficult.

We really have to look at Nicky Forster as a bit part player and start planning for the future by getting a young hungry striker in to partner Murray (if he stays). I hope Dickinson can come good, but he hasn't really shown much to get excited about, yet!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reliable Keeper
1 commanding, decent CB to partner Elph/ Virgs- A Sol Campbell-esque figure.
Hoyte for the rest of the season or Experienced RB
1 CM backup
1 Left winger- backup
1 Right Midfielder to replace Cox- Someone that can take Set Pieces
1 Pacey striker on loan- ie Calvin Andrew.

Get rid of:

Smith
Hawkins
C.Davies on loan
Navarro

I'd want the squad to be this after January:

New Keeper
Hoyte
New CB
Elphick
McNulty
Bennett
Crofts
Dicker
New RM
Forster
Murray

Subs:
Kuipers
Dickinson
New Striker
Virgo
New CM
Hart
New LW

Last edited:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Reliable Keeper
1 commanding, decent CB to partner Elph/ Virgs- A Sol Campbell-esque figure.
Hoyte for the rest of the season or Experienced RB
1 CM backup
1 Left winger- backup
1 Right Midfielder to replace Cox- Someone that can take Set Pieces
1 Pacey striker on loan- ie Calvin Andrew.

Get rid of:

Smith
Hawkins
C.Davies on loan
Navarro

New Keeper
Hoyte
New CB
Elphick
McNulty
Bennett
Crofts
Dicker
New RM
Forster
Murray

Subs:
Kuipers
Dickinson
New Striker
Virgo
New CM
Hart
New LW

Kuipers
Hoyte
New CB
New CB
McNulty
Bennett
New CM
Dicker
New LM
New ST
Murray

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Where are all these players going to come from? its January, not the summer, not many players will be being cleared out. We dont have loads of money and we all saw what happens when we chuck in loads of LOAN players together.

Bloom said he doesnt like doing much in January, and by then POyet would have only had about 8 weeks to look at his sqaud (with very little of that during training because of the congested fixture list)

We need players yes, but if we get wholesale changes like people are suggesting, I would be very surprised

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Where are all these players going to come from? its January, not the summer, not many players will be being cleared out. We dont have loads of money and we all saw what happens when we chuck in loads of LOAN players together.

Bloom said he doesnt like doing much in January, and by then POyet would have only had about 8 weeks to look at his sqaud (with very little of that during training because of the congested fixture list)

We need players yes, but if we get wholesale changes like people are suggesting, I would be very surprised

I believe we do have decent money to spend, Bloom is not going to spend tens of millions on a new stadium and not have a decent pot for decent players!

Maybe he is keeping powder dry until the close season.

If I am proven to be incorrect then we will be forever in this twilight world of never having any optimism in our future.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Jake Wright is adequate temporary cover for McNulty. It's just a shame both are injured at the same time.

We definitely need a decent left sided winger to complement Bennett on the opposite wing.

Up front, here it becomes difficult.

We really have to look at Nicky Forster as a bit part player and start planning for the future by getting a young hungry striker in to partner Murray (if he stays). I hope Dickinson can come good, but he hasn't really shown much to get excited about, yet!

And why Nicky F a 'bit part player'? He's scored 10 goals this season, has looked AT LEAST our best forward, and i think you will find he is one of the first names on the managers team sheet. Poyet has said that he and Murray are his first choice up front.....hardly a bit part player methinks!

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
I think Crofts, Bennett, Forster and Dicker have been the only players that can maybe hold their heads high after performances this season :shrug:

I don't dislike Forster at all, i just dont think Murray and Forster partnership will get you out of this division. Croft in my opinion has only started to play better in the last couple weeks. I do agree with Dicker and Bennett though putting in good performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here