Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January Transfer Window **Official Thread**

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
At an attempt to try and stop the hundreds of threads that are going to be started when a slightly interesting transfer has been made, lets discuss here.

Items so far affecting B&HA directly -

Jake Wright going to Oxford on loan.
Brez signing for the rest of the season.
Hoyte extending his loan.
Smith going to Hibs.

League One signings so far -

Jan 1 - Clayton McDonald - Manchester City to Walsall - Loan
Jan 1 - Lewis Haldane - Bristol Rovers to Port Vale - Loan
Jan 1 - Darren Ward - Wolverhampton Wanderers to Millwall - Undisclosed
Jan 1 - John-Joe O'Toole - Watford to Colchester United - Undisclosed
Jan 1 - Jim Goodwin - Huddersfield Town to Oldham Athletic - Loan
Jan 1 - Adam Hinshelwood - Aldershot Town to Wycombe Wanderers - Free
Jan 1 - Krisztian Timar - Plymouth Argyle to Oldham Athletic - Loan
Jan 1 - Kayode Odejayi -Barnsley to Colchester United - Undisclosed
Jan 4 - Anthony McNamee - Swindon Town to Norwich City - Undisclosed
Jan 4 - Russell Martin - Peterborough United to Norwich City - Undisclosed

Couple of fairly good names in there.

Nothing very interesting just yet though.

PS. Can I also say I hate the whole 'undisclosed' bollocks. Shouldn't be allowed.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mods, can we "stick" this?

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
First Albion signing by the end of the week :thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I reckon Landon Donovan might do a pretty good job at Everton in the ol' PREMIERleague. Signed on loan, I assume until the end of season, Beckham style.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Russell Martin - Brighton born and bred- I think the club let him go for being too small.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Werent we supposedly after O'toole earlier in the season? Good signing for Colchester as im sure he was a championship regular, Odejayi isnt a bad signing either as a big target man.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Russell Martin - Brighton born and bred- I think the club let him go for being too small.

I am sure I remember reading (whether true or not) that he left as we would not let him sit/study for his A-Levels and Wycombe would. Seems a bit of an odd one considering our community scheme champions learning..!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I am sure I remember reading (whether true or not) that he left as we would not let him sit/study for his A-Levels and Wycombe would. Seems a bit of an odd one considering our community scheme champions learning..!

Went to school with him. Really top bloke, very modest despite being streets ahead of anyone else. Don't know whether what you say is true though. Hope this helps.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Christ, Wycombe really are scraping the barrel.:facepalm:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
can someone not make a believable speculation now, and make it sound both very exciting and very likely?

surely that is what this thread is for :p

ffs

Okay...

Morecambe defender Laurence Wilson is rumoured to be a target for Brighton and Hove Albion during the January transfer window. Wilson, 23, was previously on the books at Everton and has played for England at all youth levels up to and including under-19. Signed by Morecambe in July 2009, Wilson has impressed at left back and was shortlisted for the Coca-cola player of the month in November. Despite having disappointing spells at Mansfield and Chester, Wilson is seen in some quarters as the answer to Brighton's defensive problems.

also.......

Rotherham striker Adam Le Fondre was today highlighted as a potential target for Brighton boss Gus Poyet, after netting 14 times in 20 appearances since his £100,000 move from Rochdale in the summer. Adam, or "Alfie" as he is known, has attracted interest from Peterborough who had a £400,000 bid turned down, with speculation that Derby and Leeds Utd are also interested. Poyet is believed to have a £4m warchest and is expected to enter the bidding soon.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Andros Townsend loan at Orient is up and is back at Spurs, Harry, wants to get him more match experience, could be a good option for the left side of midfield. Cracking left foot with excellent dead ball ability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here