Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January 2024 Window and Squad

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Players bought in January 2024:
Players sold in January 2024:
Current Season Long Loans:
Beadle (Oxford Utd), Sima (Rangers), Scherpen (2025/Sturm Graz), Koslowski (2026/Vitesse Arnhem), Sarmiento (2027+1 Year Option/ WBA), Leonard (2025+ 1 yr/Northampton), Rushworth (Swansea), Turns (2025+1/Leyton Orient), Undav (2026/Stuttgart), Weir (Blackpool), Offiah (Hearts), Ayari (2027/Coventry), Moran (2027/Blackburn), Peupion (2024/Cheltenham), Alzate ( Standard Liege)
Offiah's and Peupion's loans now terminated.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yeah, FB is the obvious requirement (two if possible). We should have signed in the summer. I believe Solly may be out for season. If so, RW a must. RDZ seems to be saying Carlos not ready so a DCM a must too. That’s the 4 priority positions

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Offiah's and Peupion's loans now terminated.
Cam could help in Solly’s extended absence. Offiah is a CB isn’t he? I am guessing not ready tho? Another loan for him maybe? Anyway, the press are saying Sarmiento is likely coming home for winger cover so Cam may go out on loan again too

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cam could help in Solly’s extended absence. Offiah is a CB isn’t he? I am guessing not ready tho? Another loan for him maybe?

Offiah has played Right Back, but his last loan with Hearts was going really well and was then cut short because of a medical issue. I haven't heard anything since :shrug:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Offiah has played Right Back, but his last loan with Hearts was going really well and was then cut short because of a medical issue. I haven't heard anything since :shrug:
Yeah he played RB in the States. But is he a RB? Genuine question

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah he played RB in the States. But is he a RB? Genuine question
Whenever I have seen him play, senior level or U23s (which has been rarely), he's played RB so he certainly has experience there, but I think he's always described as a centre back, so I'm not sure :shrug:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Think we need to manage expectations, the club don’t like to do business in the January window. 1 or 2 additions (max) and the likely recall of Sarmiento, along with the incoming Mazilu.

Possibly a surprise loan deal in there somewhere… someone like Emile Smith Rowe would be a great addition.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought before the season started that this could be Sarmiento's breakthrough year and was disappointed to see him go out on loan. There's still time :thumbsup:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Think we need to manage expectations, the club don’t like to do business in the January window. 1 or 2 additions (max) and the likely recall of Sarmiento, along with the incoming Mazilu.

Possibly a surprise loan deal in there somewhere… someone like Emile Smith Rowe would be a great addition.

Excellent shout for Smith-Rowe, loan plus summer buy if it works out for both parties.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How did they notify him, that his loan was being cut short? Did someone ring Offiah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here