Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul Van Hecke

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m with you. He’s promising but that is it, a long way from being a first choice starter for me.

Like Undav, his reputation on here has been boosted by a couple of games at the end of the season and then the season ending when when it did!
Big difference with Undav is he was proven at every level (moving up each time) and in his mid-20s, JPVH is fairly young, and although did quite well with Blackburn and had something to make us buy him, still has journey to make.

Undav is a loss, as RdZ indicated, but it’s refreshing to hear about a footballer who actually wants to play, rather than be a happy reserve picking up a wage.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We don't see your Webster too often any more, fingers crossed that Webbo returns.
I don't know if JPVH is the answer, his valuation would suggest the club think he is, there was a time when some young whipper-snapped wouldn't have been able to hold a candle to your Adam who's now in his prime.

For me, at the moment, those days are long gone.
did a few times last season, but as per mine and others posts, injuries really hampered him.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Not been 100% convinced by his previous performances and thought his performance away to Ajax was overated.

But today?!! UNREAL!! Absolutely incredible performance - defending and leading! Man of the match!

Lewis owes him a pint!

He really was, he's really improved so much from his early performances last season where he just looked like a rabbit in headlights. There's something so quirky about him I really feel he's an Albion cult hero in the making. Love him!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Appreciation chaps and chappesses.

He was an utter BEAST today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Motm for me

Plus loved Pedro’s commitment and passion - he was absolutely knackered for the last 15 but still gave his all and chased everything
Yep, those two were easily our MOM in the end though Dunk probably would have been until he lost his head! He had been outstanding until then.

Luckily JPVH seamlessly took over from Lewis as our main defender and leader.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here