Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul van Hecke - contracted to June 2027

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes but I meant ideally you’d get this done before the current deal expires - I.e at this point in time a deal hasn’t been agreed which is disappointing I guess.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why does it mean he won't sign an improved contract being offered?

Triggering the option is merely a formality to allow us time to either a) negotiate a longer-term contract b) sell him
Indeed. If negotiations are not yet done then it stops him walking away on a free and rival clubs having us out of the equation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
PSV may have as interest:

Brighton and Hove Albion youngster Jan Paul van Hecke is considered an ‘interesting option’ for PSV Eindhoven if they lose defender André Ramalho.​
That’s according to Eindhovens Dagblad, who say the 23-year-old is on PSV’s list of potential options should they need to find a replacement for Ramalho this summer.​
They explain that PSV have sat down with new manager Peter Bosz this week to discuss transfer options and changes to the squad ahead of next season.​

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Jan Paul van Hecke is on course to sign a new contract with Brighton & Hove Albion next month, after his involvement in the European Under-21 Championships in Georgia with the Netherlands.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Brighton and Hove Albion youngster Jan Paul van Hecke is considered an ‘interesting option’ for PSV Eindhoven if they lose defender André Ramalho.​
That’s according to Eindhovens Dagblad, who say the 23-year-old is on PSV’s list of potential options should they need to find a replacement for Ramalho this summer.​
They explain that PSV have sat down with new manager Peter Bosz this week to discuss transfer options and changes to the squad ahead of next season.​

That's from a few weeks back, or at least that rumour was.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Being reported today that JPVH is signing a new contract until 2025. If true, then RDZ clearly sees real potential in him. Have we gone overboard with Colwill and been too dismissive of JPVH?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

I wonder if a loan to PSV is still on the cards despite the new contract. Braithwaite going back to PSV is highly unlikely and if they do those Ramalho as well, PSV will have lost both their first choice centre backs.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
Being reported today that JPVH is signing a new contract until 2025. If true, then RDZ clearly sees real potential in him. Have we gone overboard with Colwill and been too dismissive of JPVH?
Don't see JPVH as Colwill replacement, we need 4x centre backs for the coming season, JPVH give us 3. Not saying Colwill is still on the cards, just that I sincerely hope we still have another CB incoming.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Seen enough of him to see he will be a dcent enough option in the squad even though he has shown Webster levels of consistency.

Would hope we have something special being lined up to bring in at CB

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha this was the thread I was going to bounce earlier, but thought the title would be misleading.
It turns out I would have just been foreshadowing.

So pleased for the lad and for The Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here