Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Murphy

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thought Knocky was MOTM but think the pressure was taken off Murphy tonight - lovely bit of skill to control a ball going behind him, then lift it over the oncoming defender and lay it off.

There's a very good player there. Just needs consistency to his game.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Many previous threads have knocked Murphy whilst not acknowledging that he is both young and relatively recently arrived from League 1.

It is good to see him fulfilling the promise recognised by the recruitment team so give him a break !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With Lualua not getting on and March to come back we have some real quality there. Nice to have some proper competition on the wings for once

Think you'll find March isn't coming back this season.

Murphy started well but then has been disappointing the last few months. The threat of competition certainly seems to have upped his game. Was best game for a long while but AL still way ahead for MOM.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Different player tonight and may it long continue.

Is it any coincidence that Ridgewell had his best game for us and nearly every time this evening he gave Jamie the ball on the outside of the full back,. Thus giving Jamie the opportunity to take him on .. Well done to both of them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Murphy started well but then has been disappointing the last few months. The threat of competition certainly seems to have upped his game. Was best game for a long while but AL still way ahead for MOM.
Best performance for a while tonight. Good to have someone breathing down your neck, perhaps?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very tight between the 2 for me - and he's, both put in good defensive performances to help out the full backs..!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Knockaert was better, but I agree Murphy had his best game yet. Really good stuff by both of them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I think it's more to do with having another winger tearing it up on the opposite flank. His previous best games coincided with March's brilliant form.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is it any coincidence that Ridgewell had his best game for us and nearly every time this evening he gave Jamie the ball on the outside of the full back,. Thus giving Jamie the opportunity to take him on .. Well done to both of them.

They certainly struck up an understanding tonight. I enjoyed Ridgewell's reaction when Murphy scored, I always like to see the loan players looking like they're properly involved. Good stuff.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Dean Smith, Brentford Manager post match...
"I think Maxime’s thought the ball’s going out of play and I thought the outstanding player of the night – Jamie Murphy – and he gave Maxime a really tough time tonight and unfortunately we’ve given sloppy goals away and when you do that you’re always chasing the game.”

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/brentford-dean-smith-brighton-and-hove-albion-06.02.16-2941271.aspx#heZCu0fHH4AFUZtR.99"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought Knockeart was man of the first half, and Murphy was man of the second half. In the first half we were more attacking and going for it, and Knockaert was a driving force. In the second half we mostly sat back and let Brentford come at us, Knockaert didn't seem to get much ball time until the last 5-10mins, but Murphy kept trying to make stuff happen throughout the second half and was our main threat in the last 45.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Thought Knocky was MOTM but think the pressure was taken off Murphy tonight - lovely bit of skill to control a ball going behind him, then lift it over the oncoming defender and lay it off.

There's a very good player there. Just needs consistency to his game.

That was a stunning move, didnt know Murphy had it in him but it looked completely effortless. One of those pieces of skill that looks like its in slow motion.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Murphy was good especially second half with some lovely touches and a well taken goal, but Knockeart was brilliant and more than deserved the Mom

Tend to think Jamie got too much criticism of late on here so delighted by tonight. But Knocky different class tonight - a Kayal level brilliant signing, how the hell he ended up in Belgian football is amazing, real Premiership class and just the gamebreaking talent this team has been crying out for. If we just had a top striker I think we would win this division by 10 points!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here