Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy - loaned to Rangers, sale likely in the Summer

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Good luck to him, surprised the fee’s not a little more. Clearly wasn’t going to get much game time at the Albion this season, from what I’ve seen of Scottish football he’ll do very well up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
£1m is too cheap IMO, but hey ho.

To be honest, I think the fee is relatively irrelevant. He's a long way from getting in the first team 18 so taking into account how much we get from TV does it matter if we get £1m or £2m for him. From his point of view he has the chance to play football for his boyhood club so fair play to the Albion for not standing in his way. He can resurrect his career. It also frees up a space (and salary) in the 25 for someone that might have a chance of progressing.

D

Deleted member 2719

Who negotiated that???

We had our arms and legs ripped off and our pants pulled down, surely he would be 2-3million.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think Skalak will be off. Perhaps it’ll be Kaz who gets the lifeline? If both go out the door with Murphy, then maybe another comes in?

Regardless, we won’t be light on the flanks.
CH has played Brown, Greyhound and Rosenior on the wings and could use them again if injuries hit.

In addition, we are well stocked at U23 level with the likes of Ahannach, Björdal, Davies and Tilley.
You honestly think kaz would get a chance:lolol::lolol:
Skalak will defo be off as he's gash :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that this represents a good deal for all concerned and the fee received is about right for player who no longer features for us. What chance Skalak following him somewhere. for a similar fee.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Best of luck to Jamie, good move for him to his club. Always liked him as a player and think he'll do very well in the SP with the experience he has now. Agree with others that we have been done price-wise though, worth double that with his ability to score at that level.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This.

Average player in the Championship. Fair price

He is not a PL player and we need to get better players in so selling him is the right decision. If £1million is the top offer then that's his value. I suspect wages might have also played a bit in this pricing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought it was £1.8m - We would get more if we held out for a championship club but maybe Jamie didn't want to go to a championship club. He must have wanted to go back to Scotland. I am still surprised by this. I thought we would have held on to him till the summer

Good business as he cost us £800k ish for his contribution to us getting promoted thanks for what he did and good luck for the future to him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good business as he cost us £800k ish for his contribution to us getting promoted thanks for what he did and good luck for the future to him.

I'm guessing you're deducting the suggested £1m form the alleged signing fee of £1.8m but what you fail to take into account he salary over that time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm guessing you're deducting the suggested £1m form the alleged signing fee of £1.8m but what you fail to take into account he salary over that time.

The salary would have been paid to any player unless of course we had 1 less so yes it is the difference in the fees I consider to be most relevant.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Good luck to the lad and thanks for the part he played over the last couple of seasons.

I think if Rangers play to his strengths he can be a real star for them and will undoubtadly net quite a few goals too.

Which is a worry for me with regards to Dembele £18million+ for a star of the SPL, Murphy may well prove to be every bit as good. Ok Dembele is younger and French but £18 million?

GlasgowBill1872

Jan 5, 2018
Just signed up to see what was being said. Apparently he had a medical yesterday but still no announcement of him actually signing, he might be on his way back ??? :(

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Do you guys think this transfer is worth the risk to us? We all know that Murphy is a rangers fan, and from his point of view it would be his dream move, but looking on the internet it seems that Rangers is struggling to get the first payment together and might be in a bit of trouble financially. We might not get the full amount if this deal goes through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here