Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jamie Carragher joins the Roberto De Zerbi Fan Club

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Souness said appointing RDZ was "a risk".

He could perhaps say he was wrong, but apologise?!
It was more than just saying a risk. He said appointing a foreign manager was a risk, we should have appointed a British manager. Disregarding that most of the successful managers in the PL were foreign. He was talking absolute rubbish. That's why he should apologize.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I thought West Ham sat in pretty deep and were one of the most passive sides I’ve seen in a long while
They didn't sit that deep. Their forwards pushed on to our defence and left holes in midfield time and again. The defenders tried to close those holes off and left room for us to get in behind or pass through in to gaps. They were passive - I'll give you that!! But they didn't master the "none shall pass" defensiveness of some sides we have seen this sdeason (and I can understand why teams do it btw).

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
They didn't sit that deep. Their forwards pushed on to our defence and left holes in midfield time and again. The defenders tried to close those holes off and left room for us to get in behind or pass through in to gaps. They were passive - I'll give you that!! But they didn't master the "none shall pass" defensiveness of some sides we have seen this sdeason (and I can understand why teams do it btw).
Not being at the game it was difficult to judge from the tv so I’ll defer to your view there then

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Those interesting numbers, a clear sea change, back up something @Guinness Boy often said. The chances previously were half chances, not clear chances, giving an illusion of a team unlucky in most EPL games.

RDZ has turned us into a team with a great counter attack, more precise in its final third passing and with bodies in the box at key moments.
It happened before Di Zerbi turned up though to be fair. We had transitioned into a team scoring more goals and creating better chances largely through Caicedo breaking into the team, that in itself massively improving MacA's contributions, and confidence and belief in front of goal flooding through the team.

RDZ has changed us for the better, completely agree, but our change to a scoring team happened 14 or so games before the managerial change.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

This. Compared to Muff they were positively full on aggressively pressing, they just were crap at it and half hearted. Muff got nose bleeds and suffered from lack of oxygen over the half way line.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Can’t be right - he mentioned Caicedos new long term contract and the fact we’ve fended off interest, yet I read on here it means he’s more likely to be off in the Summer?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Can’t be right - he mentioned Caicedos new long term contract and the fact we’ve fended off interest, yet I read on here it means he’s more likely to be off in the Summer?
New contract means he now has enough money to hire better agents. So now he can demand a move to Leeds. Der!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here