Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I remember where I was when we signed him - Warwick market square for turning on the Xmas lights - I was genuinely excited (hence I remember where I was).

I have not been as disappointed with a player as much as Wilson since Colin "the Coca Cola kid" kaZim-richards.

So it is a no from me.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I kept the faith with him for probably too long. I hope we have better options this year. Ultimately I don't think he was strong enough.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
He is lightweight, shies away from 50:50 balls and gives up far too easily. Reminds me of a gangly 16-year-old schoolboy. I'm fed up with people making excuses for him with his "glandular fever" that he apparently contracted over Christmas. The simple fact is that for whatever reason he is not up to Championship standard. I believe that CH will see sense and not invite him back from United.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Interesting set of responses , most saying no. One person saying Lingard was better despite scoring less goals (3) in more game time. If he had glandular fever it explains a lot and potentially he will get over it. As I said at start need to understand that illness but to me he is a natural goal scorer and if his wages are reasonable (< 5k ) then he would be a good player to have.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree with most opinions. He looked class at times but ultimately didn't live up to the hype overall. Certainly seemed to be something wrong. When he got the ball & ran at defenders he looked devastating at times. We could do a lot worse.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'd take him back purely on the basis that you know he'll end up signing for the likes of Derby, Wednesday or Forest and smash the absolute granny out of the championship, and we'll be stood there with our dicks in our hands grumbling about "the one that got away". It's just our luck that would happen.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
an off season of dragging a tractor tyre up devils dyke accompanied with weight sessions and a high protein diet.....possible course of roids......if he presents himself looking like an adult male at the start of the season proper then i might get excited.......he is just far too lightweight , as is murphy imho.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm convinced there had to be something medically wrong with him, as the player we saw after Christmas was a million years away from the one we saw in his first couple of games. If- IF- it was something like glandular fever, then that can knock people out for months, no matter how fit they are to start with. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on that basis.

I don't think he's a bad player at all, but needs confidence and a decent rest followed by a proper pre-season. I never thought he was lazy, just lightweight. No Patrick Bamford-style Mr Big attitude. Just needs to get fit and man up a bit.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'd take him back purely on the basis that you know he'll end up signing for the likes of Derby, Wednesday or Forest and smash the absolute granny out of the championship, and we'll be stood there with our dicks in our hands grumbling about "the one that got away". It's just our luck that would happen.

Absolutely. I guarantee wherever he goes next season he will score plenty.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would take him back, but the real question is would he want to come back? Probably not he may feel he was not used correctly or has better options than an also ran team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You lot better let Utd know that he's no good, based on half a season.
13 years training and development at Utd for nothing eh.

Ain't that the truth, love the way we have turned a possibly released premiership player into "should WE take him?"

Nothing about can we tempt him back.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Ain't that the truth, love the way we have turned a possibly released premiership player into "should WE take him?"

Nothing about can we tempt him back.

Yuup, cast him out after half a season at best whilst the player was ill for a fair whack of it.
Utilised in various England teams, 13 years at Utd followed by 10-15 senior appearances at the club.

A genuinely promising player, not what I'd like first choice at this stage, but after Hemed and (A) New Striker at least.

Give him a rest, have a good pre season in Lancing and he'll be a hit this coming season.

Lets see what the Special One has got to say on the matter, but if he's allowed to stay with us one more season, winner winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here