Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James DeGale v Andre Dirrell

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Not even 2nd best SM in this country let alone World Champ, he needs to get in with Groves or Froch

Unbelievable....he goes out to the USA and beats a highly rated American in his own back yard and you are knocking him!

Many people felt Dirrell edged it against Froch...he's a quality fighter and definitely better than Groves!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I tell it as it is, remind me the result of the Degale v Groves fight ?

4 years in a boxers career is a long time and many people thought Degale edged it.

Bottom line is since then he has beaten everyone put in front of him and is now IBF world champion. He needs to be congratulated for that.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Degale won that by a round or 2 for sure.

My goodness Jim Watt and NIck Haliing are fu*kin awful, Jim has done nothing but bash our fighters abroad the last few fights, esepcially Rick Burns last fight out, which was his best outing in years. Them two have bee terrible for years, I really cant stand their commentary.

Anyways great win for Degale, brilliant stuff.

I take it everyone else had an awful broadcast to? Like the screen was blurry and at times blurred as fu*k? It made me dizzy and cross eyed at times, Sky must of streamed it/sub it from Haymons PBC/CBS.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Degale won that by a round or 2 for sure.

My goodness Jim Watt and NIck Haliing are fu*kin awful, Jim has done nothing but bash our fighters abroad the last few fights, esepcially Rick Burns last fight out, which was his best outing in years. Them two have bee terrible for years, I really cant stand their commentary.

Anyways great win for Degale, brilliant stuff.

I take it everyone else had an awful broadcast to? Like the screen was blurry and at times blurred as fu*k? It made me dizzy and cross eyed at times, Sky must of streamed it/sub it from Haymons PBC/CBS.

I thought that as well, the commentary made it seem like it was a lot closer than it was.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not even 2nd best SM in this country let alone World Champ, he needs to get in with Groves or Froch

Froch wont fight him though, and understandably so. Groves has regressed tremendously. I was at Groves/Degale (supporting groves) and thought Degale won, but was glad he lost haha

Degale then went down hill and had some terrible fights under Mick Hennessy in fu*kin shopping centres in Essex and Manchester. BUT the last few fights he has really progressed and firing on all cylinders.

Groves on the other hand has done the opposite, other had a couple good wins after, but other than Froch 1 hasn't been great either.

Degale could well beat Froch, but you cant rate him over him due to who Carl has beaten and his other titles. Degale is the 2nd best Super Middle in Britain and you could say 2nd best Super Middle in World, he would destroy Arthur Abraham, who Paul Smith went the distance with and gave a nightmare in their first fight.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought that as well, the commentary made it seem like it was a lot closer than it was.

Yeah mate, I shout at my TV every week with Jim and Nick! Nick needs to stick to American Football or be put on a ship with a one way ticket to somewhere far away from boxing. Jim is awful too, but his punditry actually isnt that bad pre fight with Johnny and them, but his commentary is just stunningly terrible.

I actually really like Paul Smith's and Paulie Malignaggi's commentating when they work with Sky.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
If Groves beats Jack. Get ready for a massive domestic world title fight.

My money will be on Groves.

It would be a massive, as Eddie and his bullsh!t PPV head will say 'a massive block buster domestic stadium ppv dust up'.

Ive actually gone off Groves. I actually wanted him to beat Degale in and Froch in their first fight. But during the build up to Froch 2 and ever since hes just been a total tw@t. With Degale hes really turned into a decent bloke, and alot of people have said the same thing that its funny how both performance and fighting wise they seemed to have swapped places. The public seem to like Degale now that hes not such lairy flash bloke, hes been humbled quite abit.

ATM I hope Degale beats Groves, of course that could change during the build up though haha

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
What a strange and gripping fight. DeGale had a superb first three rounds then let Dirrell win 5 of the next 6 by doing nothing and boxing of the back foot when controlled aggression had served him so well. I had it even after 10 and then Dirrell repeated DeGale's mistake by taking his foot of the gas when the fight was his to win. 2 rounds De Gale I had it but couldn't have disagreed with a draw.

DeGale vs Groves is a near certainty if Groves can get his mind back on boxing and beat Jack who is a weak World Champion.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here