Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] James Bond: No Time To Die - Official Trailer

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Die Another Day is the absolute dirt worst in my opinion. It's the only one I haven't seen all the way through. I left the theatre 45 minutes early, I just couldn't take any more.

Also, THE worst Bond song ever (it sounds like Kraftwerk in a traffic jam) - and I should point out I am the guy who made the "Madonna - The Greatest" thread.

Absolutely irredeemable in every single department. INVISIBLE CAR!!!???

Indeed it is a horrible, horrible movie. The first ten minutes or so are fine or even good but then it just quickly turns absurd. There is quite a few movies like that from the early 00s - "wow, we have a bunch of new special effects available and we need to use them all at the same time in every scene!"

I understand what they were trying to do. Goldeneye got a bit of criticism because it was too action packed, which they turned down a little in TND and TWINE was even slower... lots of not-too-convincing talking and little happening. Its not a bad movie, just a dull one. And then they tried to make the bombastic DAD to bring back the action, celebrate the 40 years of movies by going over the top in every single way. It is understandable that the movie is what it is (!) but that doesnt make it less shite.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The worst Bond for me some distance.

The last film was really good part from end. They ponced it right up.

(Whispering)

Nah that's Roger Less

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dr No, From Russia with Love, Goldeneye, Thunderball and the spy who loved me ranked high.

But I suppose it will depend on the teenagers in question and what sort of film fans they are (if they normally turn their noses up at older films or can appreciate something despite lower production values etc)
I've been through all the rankings before, but for better or worse, older films are generally rated based on how good they were at the time (or how good they are for their age, same difference). It wouldn't be fair to do it any other way, but a teenager isn't interested in 'well it was good for its time', just whether it's good now. Action films have come a long way and older ones often don't hold up as well as an old drama.

I guess the truth is that there's no order to them, so I think I'll start with Goldeneye, which will give a good experience with a different bond, and them pick something from Sean or something mad like Octopussy, and go from there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any

[tweet]1530581915757072384[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here