B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Not sure if it's been mentioned but played 45 mins in an U21 game a couple of days ago.

Second outing apparently.
I’m really hoping that he can get up to match fitness/speed in November with the U21s and then slot straight into the 1st team squad with Enciso for December. We’ll need as many quality players as possible in that fixture packed month.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Going to play some minutes against Sheffield United next weekend, according to this...

el punal

Great to see Moder on the way back, but isn't there a lot of rose-coloured specs being worn? Decent player and a welcome addition to an injury-ravaged squad but you'd be hard pressed to name many games where he stood out. Or is that just me being harsh?
It’s you being harsh. He stood out in loads of games albeit a very long time ago. He also had atrocious bad luck in front of goal - I’ve never known a player who seemed to hit the bar or post as often as he did. I sincerely hope that he makes it back successfully. If anyone can help him be the best it will be our Roberto.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Going to play some minutes against Sheffield United next weekend, according to this...

I’d be blown away if he makes the squad for next weekend. That would mean the two U21 appearances were ‘tests’ and not actually exercises in getting him up to match fitness/sharpness.

He is match now (today) if he is in the squad for next Sunday. That would be stunning news.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I don’t really remember much about Moder , but seem to remember he was one pace and not very fast at that

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It happens a lot when players out for a very long time . The hype about the return becomes over the top

He was good / very good in some games but was also anonymous and woeful in front of goal in many others

Decent squad addition if we get the old moder back but he hasn’t been a world beater yet .

Our midfield is weak though that’s why we are so desperate for something positive. (Edit … weaker than it was )

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Not sure if it's been mentioned but played 45 mins in an U21 game a couple of days ago.

Second outing apparently.
Made the interception/challenge on the edge of the box for the first goal, for me a good sign that he is not going to be too affected by fear of further injury.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It happens a lot when players out for a very long time . The hype about the return becomes over the top

He was good / very good in some games but was also anonymous and woeful in front of goal in many others

Decent squad addition if we get the old moder back but he hasn’t been a world beater yet .

Our midfield is weak though that’s why we are so desperate for something positive. (Edit … weaker than it was )
It happens a lot when players out for a very long time - the negativity about the return becomes over the top.

Jakub is currently 24 years old, he's going to miss the best part of 2 years before he's fully up to speed (if he can get there).
So you and many others are are being a little sniffy about a world beating (well England anyway) 22 year old, new to the Premier League, playing for a team that was, front to back, "woeful in front of goal".

I don't feel I'm being 'over the top' I hope to just be reacting to negative comments like "did he ever influence a game?"

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Seemed to be good most games and improving to me, had a massive setback so we don't know where he will be right now but he is technically very good, got played wide a lot under Potter, and he did ok, but he is not really a wide player in my opinion. Can take a long ball and play it on the floor first touch and loves a back heel pass. Everyone is a squad player at the moment bar Dunk and Gross, Moder will be too, but I think he will pleasantly surprise you with how effective he is.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’m really hoping that he can get up to match fitness/speed in November with the U21s and then slot straight into the 1st team squad with Enciso for December. We’ll need as many quality players as possible in that fixture packed month.
Will be useful to have him on the bench over December.
Can't see him starting games until the new year though.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
will be good to see him get back up to speed. he has the sort of physical frame that i feel we lack in our midfield. be interesting to see if he can get a foothold in what is a very good squad.

no slight against him, but i actually can’t remember much about him and what he’s good at

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
will be good to see him get back up to speed. he has the sort of physical frame that i feel we lack in our midfield. be interesting to see if he can get a foothold in what is a very good squad.

no slight against him, but i actually can’t remember much about him and what he’s good at
Neat and tidy midfielder and able to spot a pass to set up an attack. Could do with a greater goal threat from himself but overall will be an excellent addition if he can regain his previous form.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
What do you think the odds are of him playing vs Forest Green in the cup on Tuesday are?

Travelling up to watch it so hoping to see him make a cameo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here