Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh, we need to make changes. I would be starting him in the next match

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Put in a brilliant ball very late on there...

...for which, of course, nobody was there

Where the feck was Maupay?

Welbeck made the near post run, surely not rocket science to commit to the back post run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
starts tonight.

He's getting a fiver of my BDB goal winnings on scoring tonight!

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Klich and Moder looked much better than the walking red card that is Krychowiak. Thought the penalty was soft as he couldn't stop and the ball ahd aslready gone but it was his pass that started the equalizer and hardly put a foot wrong (apart from the penalty).

Jakub is world-class left sided central midfielder of the future!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where the feck was Maupay?

Welbeck made the near post run, surely not rocket science to commit to the back post run?

I was checking that my Now monthly subscription was actually working last night when I came across the WHU vs Albion game from last season. Maupay scored the first in a 2-2 draw and was a complete shit to play against and MOTM, the loss of confidence and form from that day by the end of the season was sad and shocking. There IS a real player in there, just hope GP and him can sort it for next season. Can’t believe the number of people who want him shipped out :down:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Klich and Moder looked much better than the walking red card that is Krychowiak. Thought the penalty was soft as he couldn't stop and the ball ahd aslready gone but it was his pass that started the equalizer and hardly put a foot wrong (apart from the penalty).

Jakub is world-class left sided central midfielder of the future!

The commentator said that, too. and I don't get that as an excuse or defence or explanation for it not being a penalty.

"He couldn't stop himself" = he was out of control - if you can't stop yourself you don't have control
"the ball had already gone" = the challenge was late

If a challenge is out of control and late, how can it not be a foul?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was checking that my Now monthly subscription was actually working last night when I came across the WHU vs Albion game from last season. Maupay scored the first in a 2-2 draw and was a complete shit to play against and MOTM, the loss of confidence and form from that day by the end of the season was sad and shocking. There IS a real player in there, just hope GP and him can sort it for next season. Can’t believe the number of people who want him shipped out :down:

Sorry Icy going to disagree.

Think he’s probably not good enough and not a striker, in fact I think he is better outside the penalty area as he’s more relaxed.

I wouldn’t shed any tears if he left, but at this moment in time is our best striker - which doesn’t say much.

Not in the Schelotto or Locadia category though.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sorry Icy going to disagree.

Think he’s probably not good enough and not a striker, in fact I think he is better outside the penalty area as he’s more relaxed.

I wouldn’t shed any tears if he left, but at this moment in time is our best striker - which doesn’t say much.

Not in the Schelotto or Locadia category though.

That's incredibly harsh on Schelotto, he may not have been quite good enough but he played with commitment and desire when he was on the pitch, and surely getting booked for winding up Zaha while not even on the pitch puts him in way more credit than the wannabe DJ.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's incredibly harsh on Schelotto, he may not have been quite good enough but he played with commitment and desire when he was on the pitch, and surely getting booked for winding up Zaha while not even on the pitch puts him in way more credit than the wannabe DJ.

Yes fair comment.

Terrible defender though, committed or not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Poor signing.

But a [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] said he did wind up Zaha so not all bad.

Terrible thing to say.

My favourite memory (beyond winding up Mr Tumble) was, Bernie Inn an advanced position.
He was heading to the touchline in order to put in a cross.
Only one thing stood in his way...

... El Greyhoundo.

Imagine being the left back, 18 yards from the opposition by-line, looking up, seeing in front of you..

..your own right back. :lolol:

LEGEND.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Terrible thing to say.

My favourite memory (beyond winding up Mr Tumble) was, Bernie Inn an advanced position.
He was heading to the touchline in order to put in a cross.
Only one thing stood in his way...

... El Greyhoundo.

Imagine being the left back, 18 yards from the opposition by-line, looking up, seeing in front of you..

..your own right back. :lolol:

LEGEND.

Understood eventually. At first I thought you meant Bellerin and were referring to the 2-1 Arsenal when he got elbowed in the face.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yes fair comment.

Terrible defender though, committed or not.

The performance by Scheletto against Chelsea on Boxing Day (?) a few years ago is in my top ten Amex performances by an Albion player.
Bu fair point, there was room for improvement on the defending front

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here