Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Leicester for me. Strongest available team for Burnley and rotate for the cup. I know it would be ideal to have a cup run but the midweek thing means we have to rotate at some time.

I doubt he'd start, but with the need for rotation and with Lallana unlikely to be risked for more than 60 minutes (even if he starts), I think there's a great chance we'll see him (even if it's for 15 mins to settle him ahead of a start in the cup).
Likewise for Karbo I guess, though Moder's been fit enough to be in the squad for longer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leicester for me. Strongest available team for Burnley and rotate for the cup. I know it would be ideal to have a cup run but the midweek thing means we have to rotate at some time.
I suspect it will be the opposite - rest some heroes from the Liverpool game on Saturday - ready for the Cup game midweek.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No way we’re going to prioritise the cup

I would think a cup run is second priority too. But we've fielded strong sides upto now. PL survival is key and with 4 games this month that could, literally, define our season I wouldn't be surprised to see a weaker side.

Same goes for Leicester but for different reasons.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It will be an interesting team selection.

It's noticeable that all teams, not just us, are really starting to struggle with injuries and fatigue at the moment with this crazy run of games. This is where our large squad of fairly comparable players becomes important. The clubs with strong first 11's but maybe not the squad depth - Wolves as an example - are going to be finding this really tough at the moment.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It will be an interesting team selection.

It's noticeable that all teams, not just us, are really starting to struggle with injuries and fatigue at the moment with this crazy run of games. This is where our large squad of fairly comparable players becomes important. The clubs with strong first 11's but maybe not the squad depth - Wolves as an example - are going to be finding this really tough at the moment.

Yup, and Palace :)

Leeds should also struggle with their high energy style and (mostly) Championship-level squad

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm intrigued as to why you think the club would prioritise the cup over the league?
Simply because if we don't prioritise the cup when we are 10 points above the relegation zone then we never will.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I suspect it will be the opposite - rest some heroes from the Liverpool game on Saturday - ready for the Cup game midweek.

I hope you're right. The wins against Spurs and Liverpool have left us wth an unexpected decent amount of breathing room from the relegation zone.

I don't think Leicester will be putting out too strong a team as they really should prioritise the league, they're still in the title race just about, so it's a great opportunity to make the quarter finals. Once you're in the quarters it's anybodies game!

That said, if we go strong against Burnley and get a result I won't be too sad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I hope you're right. The wins against Spurs and Liverpool have left us wth an unexpected decent amount of breathing room from the relegation zone.

I don't think Leicester will be putting out too strong a team as they really should prioritise the league, they're still in the title race just about, so it's a great opportunity to make the quarter finals. Once you're in the quarters it's anybodies game!

That said, if we go strong against Burnley and get a result I won't be too sad.

Win the 1/4 final, then back to Wembley to cheer on the lads for the semi just after lock down has ended,stadia restrictions partially lifted and half are vaccinated....... Dreamland.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think whether it is a cup or league game will influence selection

The opponents will influence selection

I think Moder has got a great chance of starting against Burnley

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Agreed - he's about 6'3" and fairly well-built. Another big lad for both boxes.

Karbowski is about 5'9" and slight - one for Leicester.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I don’t think he’s come on as sub yet has he?

I think that’ll be the first step. But with GP you never know.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Agreed. We’re looking at a height of 6”3 compared to the puny 6”1 of Stephens!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Simply because if we don't prioritise the cup when we are 10 points above the relegation zone then we never will.

Well my response to that is that we'll never prioritise the cup over the league unless that 10pts is the margin with 3 games to go. I would love to think different because I remember how it was in 83 but the project requires us to stay in the league far more than it requires us to win a cup.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well my response to that is that we'll never prioritise the cup over the league unless that 10pts is the margin with 3 games to go. I would love to think different because I remember how it was in 83 but the project requires us to stay in the league far more than it requires us to win a cup.

Agree - the league is everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont think he will be starting vs Burnley (more likely Lallana steps in to unlock their defense), perhaps vs Leicester - while I think the team will be strong in that cup game, it wouldnt surprise me to see one or two of Moder/Karbo/Tau.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here