Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Moder looks exciting from what I’ve seen and read. He and Bissouma potentially look like a very good pairing with skill sets that compliment each other.

Shame that with Potter's approach to team selection, you won't see that happen - unless Moder can play right back and cover for Lamptey:rolleyes:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That’s just it, it’s only ludicrous in hindsight (i.e. if you judge all three on current standards). Bissouma always had the potential to be the best of the three and is now showing that, but for his first 18-24 months at the club he was massively inconsistent (otherwise he would have been the first name on the team sheet, as he is now).

I don’t know your views on Propper or Stephens, but Propper is a high-quality international midfielder and Stephens is a solid, consistent Premier League midfielder whose strength is protecting the back four.

Hughton, and even Potter in his first six months, obviously didn’t fully trust Bissouma in such an important position. I don’t think the posters you refer to were quite as ridiculous as you suggest.

A lot of people forget that Bissouma was hauled off at half time in his first two appearances this year (Chelsea and Massive). He really has kicked on since those aberrations

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

That’s just it, it’s only ludicrous in hindsight (i.e. if you judge all three on current standards). Bissouma always had the potential to be the best of the three and is now showing that, but for his first 18-24 months at the club he was massively inconsistent (otherwise he would have been the first name on the team sheet, as he is now).

I don’t know your views on Propper or Stephens, but Propper is a high-quality international midfielder and Stephens is a solid, consistent Premier League midfielder whose strength is protecting the back four.

Hughton, and even Potter in his first six months, obviously didn’t fully trust Bissouma in such an important position. I don’t think the posters you refer to were quite as ridiculous as you suggest.

Its all opinions, but all of us here are obviously hardcore Albion fans who watch every minute of every game. It was very obvious to me (and others) that Biss had huge potential. I think credit to GP who started to give him more games then Hughton ever did.

Dale was a brilliant championship player. But there was a running post I used to make most match days here “ffs dale” as most moves ended with him. And Proper has. And still has, a big fan base on NSC (I know a couple I had a few running disagreements with on these players). As I said at the time he was a regular, to me the guy has never really performed for us. Misses passes, can’t head, can’t dribble, never shoots, never scores.

So no, not hindsight from me. I’m on record here stating all the above, at the time, as not rating Dale and Proper as our first team midfield.

I’m not the only one mind.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm amused that so many who slated Biss in the early days have been made to look bloody stupid. When a young player comes in, playing at a much higher level than he had done before, he is going to make mistakes. Same with the dogs abuse Connolly gets from some on here. It takes youngsters time to learn and develop and perfect their craft.

[emoji106]

Exactly. Not all young talent can arrive as immediately as a Rooney or an Owen. But they can still blossom into good PL players. Biss had such obvious skill at the time, to be fair though, I don’t think anyone doubted that. But he needed a chance, a good run in the team.

Connolly I think has been unlucky. I remember him having a few good chances after his spectacular Spurs game (Villa and Newcastle last season), if those goals had gone in things could have been quite different.

He needs support, and seeing threads on NSC titled “Hopefully the end of Connolly” is particularly galling and disappointing to me.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Firstly, is Jakub Moder available for our FA Cup tie at Newport?
Secondly, if he is would we expect GP to use him?

It would seem an ideal opportunity to introduce him providing GP feels he's fit enough.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

It would seem an ideal opportunity to introduce him providing GP feels he's fit enough.

Not sure it's been confirmed if he's already in the UK yet? Suspect even if he has arrived the Newport game may be a bit early for him. Maybe by round 4 he'll be available assuming we get through!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

I wouldn't expect to see him before April at the earliest, allowing for the customary adaptation period that we seem to insist on

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On some important occasions yes we do miss someone like Stephens. Him and Bissouma are very different players, we miss some grit and determination in midfield. I am certain a player like Stephens would get more out of Bissouma in the final five or ten mins defensively when we are up against it.

Good post.

I certainly don’t see Bissouma as a Stephens replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
He has to self isolate for 10 days after arrival in the UK, so won’t even be training with the team until start of next week

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

He was due to join up with the squad on 1st Jan. Yes, I would expect Potter to use him. He's match fit having played half a season in Poland. They've had a winter break, which means he should be raring to go. He's been drafted into the squad so why not use him in a game like this?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He has to self isolate for 10 days after arrival in the UK, so won’t even be training with the team until start of next week
We don't know when he entered the UK for his quarantine to start. It might have been before the window opened.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Is this really true for elite athletes such a Moder who is coming out of one bubble and entering into another? Surely a test would do?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is this really true for elite athletes such a Moder who is coming out of one bubble and entering into another? Surely a test would do?

Would have thought so if teams can swan around Europe playing Champions League etc

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
I'm sure or at least I hope Brighton was aware about all quarantine procedures so he arrived earlier - in third part of December maybe ? It would be really interesting to see him in the squad for game with Newport

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
With our host of injuries & injury doubts ahead of the Burnley match, will this weekend be debut time for Moder?

With no March, Propper, Lamptey or AliJ and Ali Mac & Veltman still doubtful, his time may have come (I suspect it's still too early for Caceido).

To have so many injuries, yet still be excited about potentially getting to see a new face really does highlight the depth of our squad!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
With our host of injuries & injury doubts ahead of the Burnley match, will this weekend be debut time for Moder?

With no March, Propper, Lamptey or AliJ and Ali Mac & Veltman still doubtful, his time may have come (I suspect it's still too early for Caceido).

To have so many injuries, yet still be excited about potentially getting to see a new face really does highlight the depth of our squad!

Leicester for me. Strongest available team for Burnley and rotate for the cup. I know it would be ideal to have a cup run but the midweek thing means we have to rotate at some time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here