Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
As per a few on the thread, I fully imagine that Molumby and Sanders have failed to impress enough to make any serious mark on the first team (one sub appearance between them). Send them out to the Championship and get a better option in to fill the hole.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Propper is sold off regardless. Very sad but not really any reason why he hasn't made a single PL appearance this year.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The FA cup will give the fringe players a competitive game, Molumby has something about him and I personally hope we stick with him , the Polish lads could be anything really, and only time will tell , not really seen enough of Sanders to have a opinion one way or another .

I think we have a good enough squad of fringe players to give anyone a game , January will be difficult for Potter as no doubt the big boys will be sniffing around Lamptey and Bissouma, I hope we hold the nerve but would completely understand if they were sold for a huge profit in these uncertain times .

Stumpy Tim

Sanders could do with a loan too. Amazing potential but too many in front of him with Potter playing White, Groß & Lallana in central midfield.

Agree with this. I've been more impressed with Sanders than Molumby when I've seen them. Sanders is better on the ball - more of a "Potter player". Both serious talents though

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like Moder and feel him and Bissouma could be the holding two for the second half of the season. I'm really pleased he's been brought in.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I’m really hoping that he’s not coming in to make room for this to happen

Brighton and Mali midfielder Yves Bissouma, 24, is being closely followed by Liverpool ahead of the January transfer window as a potential replacement for Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, who is out of contract in the summer. (ESPN)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m really hoping that he’s not coming in to make room for this to happen

Brighton and Mali midfielder Yves Bissouma, 24, is being closely followed by Liverpool ahead of the January transfer window as a potential replacement for Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, who is out of contract in the summer. (ESPN)

It’s always a possibility isn’t it.

To reassure you, remember that it would have to be a huge offer. Let’s be realistic, 20-30m would not cut it for a player like Biss, at his age and resale value, and current contract.

So it’d have be 40m minimum.. I’d argue more than that.

Then consider Klopp and Liverpool baulked at the price of the young LB from Norwich.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I like Moder and feel him and Bissouma could be the holding two for the second half of the season. I'm really pleased he's been brought in.

This is my belief based on Ben White being drafted into the midfield. I think Potter wants a tall defensive player in the centre.

With rumours that we were after Berge and Soucek, it make sense that this tall lad (two inches taller than White) will sit alongside Bissouma.

He should bring a lot more to the table attacking wise than both White & Alzate in that he appears to have an outstanding long shot on him together with an eye for a clever pass.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

This is my belief based on Ben White being drafted into the midfield. I think Potter wants a tall defensive player in the centre.

With rumours that we were after Berge and Soucek, it make sense that this tall lad (two inches taller than White) will sit alongside Bissouma.

He should bring a lot more to the table attacking wise than both White & Alzate in that he appears to have an outstanding long shot on him together with an eye for a clever pass.

We really are building an exciting, young talented squad aren’t we?

Surely it’s got to all click at somepoint.

The club are doing so many things right, we just need the results to pick up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Pretty sure he isn't a holding midfielder mind....

In terms of his position, he is a typical Potter player:

746ee2f87b45fa8d475896be112d25a6.jpg

Holding the midfield shouldn’t be a problem if he is asked to.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Indeed.

We just the need the rub of the green.

In the first half of Hughton’s 2nd Premier League season, we were taking almost every chance we created and scoring goals. When we started to miss those very brare chances, it became a huge problem and we looked Championship bound. We are creating at least four very good goal scoring chances per game at the moment and can dominate possession when we need to. If we can start putting those away, we’ll shoot up the table, especially with White in defence. Our central defenders should have scored half a dozen already, they need to weigh in more along with some goals from midfield.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Everywhere except up front.

The most important and most expensive piece of the jigsaw.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Everywhere except up front.

The most important and most expensive piece of the jigsaw.

I don’t think we’ll sell anyone we really want to keep in January, but getting £50m+ in for one of perhaps Biss, Lamptey or White (wouldn’t let any of them go for less) at some point to fund a striker might be an option if we can’t uncover a diamond (or get our current crop firing) in the meantime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here