Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Could question as much in this post as you have in the one you were referencing.......

Pröpper has been ill/injured, that’s why we haven’t seen him......AJ also injured......Molumby is behind Bissouma, Lallana, White and others.......and none of these would generate much cash relative to what we’d demand for White or Lamptey. If a big cash injection was required the it’s more likely we would cash in on Lamptey or White IMO

Good news is Tony is minted and probably doesn’t require a large or urgent injection of cash, so we’ll only be selling players Potter doesn’t see figuring, or where we get eyewatering ridiculous offers.

He has shown the rest of the lower premier league teams how to handle finances during a downturn.
releasing high earners with limited resale value and holding on to the high potential players
He doesn't evaluate club finances on a single season. He evaluates the chances of making money long term on every deal he makes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I agree. Again, I don’t understand why I’m not being clear. I do not think we need to sell. This is what I’ve said in the last 2 posts of mine you’ve quoted and replied to me to argue as if I’m saying the opposite.

But let me repeat that once more. I do not want us to sell, I do not think we should sell, and I do not believe we have to sell. The people who have asserted this are in this thread. Not me. And I was taking them to task for this silly motion.

But I’ll repeat once more. I do not believe we have to sell Ben or any player. I’m not sure how I can be any more clear on this point.

I can write it in crayon if you like.

I was responding to your view that we’d sell others if we needed the cash.......with an alternate view (I’m allowed one, right ?) that we won’t offload for that reason, but because Potter doesn’t want them.

Glad you have crayons, sounds like you need them [emoji23][emoji23]

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not getting the white hype. Looks a solid mid table prem player. Don't see him elevating to top 6 at the moment or any time in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think he’s been very good you don’t notice him much in games because he’s good at doing his job. That tackle on Watkins last week top draw.

Agree with this. He's been fantastic, especially for a player his age. The best of our centre-backs so far this season, although Veltman looks like he will be class and we all know Dunk is usually immense , but I can't understand why many aren't excited to have a great young player like White.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree with this. He's been fantastic, especially for a player his age. The best of our centre-backs so far this season, although Veltman looks like he will be class and we all know Dunk is usually immense , but I can't understand why many aren't excited to have a great young player like White.

What's all the emphasis about his age? He's 23, not 18 or 19 FFS!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Quite young for a Premier League centre half isn't it?

I think Lewes Dunk was 25? when he made his premier league debut for us. White is very young for a premier league centre half. Plenty of time for him to grow.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite young for a Premier League centre half isn't it?

Couple more years before reaching his peak, maybe, but if not up to it by 23 it doesn't suggest potentially world class. "If he's good enough he's old enough" and all that.
I'm not saying White is no good - in fact I think he's very good - just that at 23 age can't be an excuse any more.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Couple more years before reaching his peak, maybe, but if not up to it by 23 it doesn't suggest potentially world class. "If he's good enough he's old enough" and all that.
I'm not saying White is no good - in fact I think he's very good - just that at 23 age can't be an excuse any more.

I didn't use his age as an excuse.:shrug: I said he's been fantastic and our best centre back so far this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I didn't use his age as an excuse.:shrug: I said he's been fantastic and our best centre back so far this season.

"Especially for a player his age" was what I was referring to. Yes, agree he's been good (and agree that you said so to), just that age shouldn't be taken into account. At 18, yes, but not at 23.

Anyway, yes, he is a very good player (regardless of age!) - and that's all from me.
:)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
"Especially for a player his age" was what I was referring to. Yes, agree he's been good (and agree that you said so to), just that age shouldn't be taken into account. At 18, yes, but not at 23.

Anyway, yes, he is a very good player (regardless of age!) - and that's all from me.
:)

It wasn't used as an excuse if I'm say he's been fantastic though was it?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lech Poznan signed a new central midfielder (Jesper Karlström from Djurgården) today with pretty much the same role and type of qualities as Moder. I wonder if this indicates that Moder might move to Brighton in January.

Edit: Polish media does believe this is the case. https://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pil...-to-jesper-karlstrom-z-djurgardens-if/2kge8lw

"It has been known for some time that Jakub Moder will move from Lech to Brighton and Howe Albion in winter. Lech Poznan activists are already thinking about replacing their pupil. Before the match against Raków Częstochowa, Bartosz Ignacik, present at the stadium, informed that Jesper Karlström would be 99% of the new blue and white player."

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Lech Poznan signed a new central midfielder (Jesper Karlström from Djurgården) today with pretty much the same role and type of qualities as Moder. I wonder if this indicates that Moder might move to Brighton in January.

Edit: Polish media does believe this is the case. https://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pil...-to-jesper-karlstrom-z-djurgardens-if/2kge8lw

"It has been known for some time that Jakub Moder will move from Lech to Brighton and Howe Albion in winter. Lech Poznan activists are already thinking about replacing their pupil. Before the match against Raków Częstochowa, Bartosz Ignacik, present at the stadium, informed that Jesper Karlström would be 99% of the new blue and white player."

That probably spells the end for Davy and back out on loan for molumby and sanders

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
That probably spells the end for Davy and back out on loan for molumby and sanders

Fingers crossed a championship team will take Sanders and give him minutes and that Davy has a buyer lined up. Molumby is perfect cover for Biss though and doesn't have anything to prove in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here