Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Maybe they didn't happen

Quite possibly. Nothing announced officially from the club at all and I would have thought they would have updated the website if either Polish lad had joined by now.

Not too worried as I believe they were to be loaned back anyway so we weren't going to see them in Albion colours anytime soon.

We move on and to beating Palace!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Witamy w Brighton Jakub

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have to say, Moder has one of the best showreels I’ve ever seen for a Brighton signing.

Obviously that might well not translate into his performances when he eventually joins but this signing has certainly put a spring into my step this morning.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Love the phrase "for the time being". I might use it when my wife wants me to do something. "Sorry, for the time being I am doing something else". It suggests a small amount of time without actually committing to that. It could mean 5 minutes or 20 years. Perfect.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sounds like when the missus says ‘That’ll do for now’ when we need to put something somewhere, the item normally ends up staying in said random location ‘just for now’ forever. :lolol:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I have to say, Moder has one of the best showreels I’ve ever seen for a Brighton signing.

Obviously that will not translate into his performances when he eventually joins but this signing has certainly put a spring into my step this morning.

edited for you.

sorry .....feeling a bit negative today for some reason.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Love the phrase "for the time being". I might use it when my wife wants me to do something. "Sorry, for the time being I am doing something else". It suggests a small amount of time without actually committing to that. It could mean 5 minutes or 20 years. Perfect.

i am hoping it just means until they are knocked out of whatever mickey mouse european cup they are in

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sounds like when the missus says ‘That’ll do for now’ when we need to put something somewhere, the item normally ends up staying in said random location ‘just for now’ forever. :lolol:

That’s [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]’s line after he’s cut the hedge trimmer cable for the 2nd time! :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

To be fair given they are in the Europa League probably no bad thing to leave him where he is to get some games and see how he does in the Europa League and make a call in January.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Obviously that might well not translate into his performances when he eventually joins but this signing has certainly put a spring into my step this morning.

2 footed unit … looks the business on that evidence I agree

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That show reel looks good . . . . I wonder if the clubs plan is to leave him there until they're out of the Europa cup then get him here ASAP.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
One of the reasons this makes sense is that, come the next transfer window, it will be much more difficult to sign EU players. After the end of the Implementation Period freedom of movement obviously ceases, so a work permit system will operate. This is highly likely to limit eligibility to the top players (there will be a criteria-based system, as there is currently for non-EU players). Barber has already talked about how this will favour the big clubs. Hence, if we wanted these two Polish guys, but didn't need them right now, then it made sense to sign them in THIS window, as they may not have met the criteria which will be in place from 1 Jan 2021. There are probably a few others that we may have signed slightly earlier than maybe we needed, because of this risk.

Overall, post-Brexit, we will need to develop more of our own talent. I guess that's the objective (I can see some sense in it, although I think losing freedom of movement is disastrous for our country as a whole...but let's not get into politics!). From that perspective, having a great academy set up SHOULD be positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here