Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is an interesting point. Midfield rotation allows you to adjust your team according to the opponent, but it also keeps your squad match fit and happy. Always sticking to the same players gives the less collegiate squad members cause to be disruptive. I wonder what Potter's thinking is.

Well whatever Potter's thinking is, he does seem to like and show faith in Moder, keeping him in the side for longer than . . . ermmm l would have done for instance.

There again that's the reason that Graham Potter is a top football coach, whereas l'm no sort of football coach l guess.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Watched the game on telly last night then watched the highlights today, thought he had a better game than i had originally thought on second viewing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched the game on telly last night then watched the highlights today, thought he had a better game than i had originally thought on second viewing.

If nothing else by keeping the ball, he pulled the player away from Maupay, so when he played the assist Maupay had the space to thwack the ball in top bins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This was a step up in performance compared to his awful showing against Wolves. Talented player - pleased he’s getting a run in the team.

You could write that on a multitude of threads.

I'm pleased they've collectively stepped up.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
This is an interesting point. Midfield rotation allows you to adjust your team according to the opponent, but it also keeps your squad match fit and happy. Always sticking to the same players gives the less collegiate squad members cause to be disruptive. I wonder what Potter's thinking is.
I agree up to a point. Obviously with injuries and Covid I suspect there has been more rotating than even GP would have planned for. And I am interested that he wanted to go back to 5 subs allowed. I think that would allow him to make use of his subs much earlier than he usually does, injuries excepted.
But I think he should try to keep the same core players to start if possible, choosing his best midfielders and only when the formation changes (ég changing to a 3 at the back) swapping out one of the midfielders.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sorry, not at all. It’s what you do with the ball and decision making which clearly this doesn’t cover. Frequently in the second half he made poor errors with the ball.

Progressive passes - hmmm. Progressive, how?
Locadia registered a shot on target in another game, the fact it had no pace was irrelevant,it was registered as a shot, and on target….

As per one of my other posts his work rate and positional play in terms of pressing is not in question.

Progressive passes and carries is pretty easy to comprehend. And 14 in a game is mightily impressive. Note also the 3 'shot-creating actions' (which is less self-evident).
He also won 7 tackles/interceptions which, again, is mightily impressive, yet you said that he was poor in this department. Add in 12 ball recoveries. If you compare that with other players, pretty sure we'll find it's way, way above average.
I like him a lot, for his dynamism and ability to run in behind (which, for all his qualities, Ali Mac doesn't do).

And, as to the direction this thread has turned, I don't see midfield rotation as remotely a problem, especially at this time of the season, even more so with stretched squads. The simple issue is that, beyond Bissouma, none of our CMs has made the case for automatic selection. When that's the case, it's 'orses for courses. That said, I really liked the midfield set-up yesterday: Lallana's experience sitting, and then the energy of the other three and their diverse qualities really worked.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Progressive passes and carries is pretty easy to comprehend. And 14 in a game is mightily impressive. Note also the 3 'shot-creating actions' (which is less self-evident).
He also won 7 tackles/interceptions which, again, is mightily impressive, yet you said that he was poor in this department. Add in 12 ball recoveries. If you compare that with other players, pretty sure we'll find it's way, way above average.
I like him a lot, for his dynamism and ability to run in behind (which, for all his qualities, Ali Mac doesn't do).

And, as to the direction this thread has turned, I don't see midfield rotation as remotely a problem, especially at this time of the season, even more so with stretched squads. The simple issue is that, beyond Bissouma, none of our CMs has made the case for automatic selection. When that's the case, it's 'orses for courses. That said, I really liked the midfield set-up yesterday: Lallana's experience sitting, and then the energy of the other three and their diverse qualities really worked.

As always some good points, but we’ll have to disagree on this one. I think he has gone backwards this year, his use of the ball in the second half particularly was below par. I saw different to whoever put those stats together (which to be honest I’m unclear about, I mean have they played the game or is it subjective, and a sports analyst?).... As for the tackling, I saw him lose at least 2-3 50/50s. I also saw him and a Brentford player jointly pull out of a challenge, which made myself and another ex-player who I was with smiled at.

I quite like the hot spot element of player movement, but really don’t feel stats tell the whole story (see Moder’s decision making, also noted by others).

At this moment I actually don’t feel he warrants a starting spot but all opinions, and Graham Potter clearly does so good luck to him.

I’ve no real opinion on the rotation, in terms of keeping players fresh probably sensible, would just like to see MacAllister playing more, as I think his movement with Trossard is very good.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But what does he actually do

[tweet]1476142401479749635[/tweet]

Very much agree with the last line.
I does feel like he's still finding his way.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

But what does he actually do

[tweet]1476142401479749635[/tweet]

Very much agree with the last line.
I does feel like he's still finding his way.

I just wish we could see more of those stunning goals from his showreel that he scored in Poland. They were goals scored with top level technique rather than because of poor defending too!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just wish we could see more of those stunning goals from his showreel that he scored in Poland. They were goals scored with top level technique rather than because of poor defending too!
I'll Eden a guess they'll come when the team stops giving themselves unnecessary pressure.

At the moment 'doing a Bissouma' could easily cost 3 points or throw away the first win in 3 months!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

That kind of selfishness will have been trained out of him before he was allowed on the pitch :rolleyes:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t help but feel expectations are a bit high in some cases here…….he’s only 22 and has a lot to learn. He’s doing pretty bloody well in my book.

Hope to see what effectively was a midfield diamond again soon….made us so much faster going forward, and with the players interchangeable in position to some extent - would like to see Biss sitting at the base and Lallana at the top with Moder and Mwepu either side.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I can't really name another player who Jakub is similar to.

He's not the physical all action type. Not a big tackler, or header of the ball. He's never shot convincingly for us. He's rarely in the same position two games in a row (probably not his doing)

He just sort of glides around at his own pace playing his little pokes and prods off both feet. It shouldn't be effective. But it is

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Can’t help but feel expectations are a bit high in some cases here…….he’s only 22 and has a lot to learn. He’s doing pretty bloody well in my book.

Hope to see what effectively was a midfield diamond again soon….made us so much faster going forward, and with the players interchangeable in position to some extent - would like to see Biss sitting at the base and Lallana at the top with Moder and Mwepu either side.

With this season under their belts a midfield of Bissouma, Mwepu and Molder with MacAllister in front in a more attacking role must, I mean MUST, be our most potent midfield ever. Assuming you can accommodate all of them of course.
So optimistic for the future.

TNBA

TTF

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Safe to say that he is criminally under rated by many Albion fans imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here