Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder - SIGNED ON 5 YEAR DEAL - LOANED BACK "FOR THE TIME BEING"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
well we're now effectively down one player, caicedo cancels out the moder injury but biss is gone now. and lallana will probably play a lot less as he starts that transition towards to the coaching role from next season. and the fact that we appear to have been very interested in grillitsch tells me the club may share that view.
Mac Allister, Gross, Mwepu, Alzate - and maybe Kozlowski too - have just disappeared? Down to one midfield player? :facepalm:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The press report looks credible sadly. Likely to miss the whole of next season and fingers crossed he comes back as well as Solly has from his ACL injury.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
This guy Mateusz Borek doesn't sound particularly pleased about the treatment he received at the Albion, which is ironic as Polish healthcare is quite shit.

"I am very worried about the latest information about Jakub Moder. It turns out that his rehabilitation was unfortunately poorly carried out in England and a second treatment will be necessary. This practically excludes him from participating in the world championships"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10328784 said:
This guy Mateusz Borek doesn't sound particularly pleased about the treatment he received at the Albion, which is ironic as Polish healthcare is quite shit.

"I am very worried about the latest information about Jakub Moder. It turns out that his rehabilitation was unfortunately poorly carried out in England and a second treatment will be necessary. This practically excludes him from participating in the world championships"

Ooh! - a Polish Fabrizio Romano (sp). We'd better sack the medical team pronto then. Wonder how they fluked it with Welbeck.............

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I think the way we’ve recuperated Welbz would contradict that. We are likely to have some of the very best medial people in the world available to us. It’s a shocker for Moder but these things happen unfortunately.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm surprised he would have been doing that much other than controlled strengthening only 3 months after his operation. Not that I know about these things, but a 9 month recovery I wouldn't have expected too much to be happening after 3 months. Perhaps, based on pure speculation, maybe the player was desperately still clinging onto a hope of recovering for the world cup that was a pressure on his rehab?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It's still crowded in there.

I'm not disagreeing that there's competition. I'm just saying that it's the same as last season only we've lost biss and maybe moder. kozlowski could potentially mitigate that, or he could be loaned, up to how the club see it, but once again the alleged discussions with grillitsch make me think there could be someone else in. only time will tell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the way we’ve recuperated Welbz would contradict that. We are likely to have some of the very best medial people in the world available to us. It’s a shocker for Moder but these things happen unfortunately.

Indeed. The days of Malcolm "Shipman" Stuart are thankfully long behind us now. Setbacks happen, but I'm confident Moder will be getting the very best treatment money can buy.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I believe that generally with ACL injuries the surgery is rarely at fault, it's the rehab that makes or breaks it, it needs to be worked but not too much.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I believe that generally with ACL injuries the surgery is rarely at fault, it's the rehab that makes or breaks it, it needs to be worked but not too much.

Very hypothetical, would be interesting to see the evidence around all of this - genuinely.

There are different techniques in terms of ACL repair, and I’d imagine different recuperation regimens as well.

I actually find it all very interesting, as this type of thing plays a part in my job.

Nonetheless, choked for Jakub, Hope a full recovery is achieved and his career can go forward.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Not only the best medial people. I'd say the anterior people are pretty good too, judging by the way Solly is playing now:lolol: Fingers crossed for Jacub for 23/24. No pressure to push for a a World Cup place now, just focus on full recovery.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Very hypothetical, would be interesting to see the evidence around all of this - genuinely.

There are different techniques in terms of ACL repair, and I’d imagine different recuperation regimens as well.

I actually find it all very interesting, as this type of thing plays a part in my job.

Nonetheless, choked for Jakub, Hope a full recovery is achieved and his career can go forward.

I believe that in the past, misalignment or misplacement of the grafts during the surgery was the most common reason for failure, but that this is understood today and more care is taken, and computer aided tools available to make the placement of the tunnels and the grafts spot on. After that using grafts from the patients own kneecap has a lower failure rate than donor grafts that may be rejected.
It was a study I saw some while back about the causes as assessed by the surgeons doing revisions on failed ACL, I can't find the one I saw previously now, and most of the studies I have found are quite old.
After almost 4 months into recovery though, I would have thought scans would have detected any issues with the original surgery earlier, and a desire from Moder to be playing in time for the World Cup may have caused him to overwork it.

First part of this vid suggests trying to come back too quickly can cause problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_0pKVCiPA

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not only the best medial people. I'd say the anterior people are pretty good too, judging by the way Solly is playing now:lolol: Fingers crossed for Jacub for 23/24. No pressure to push for a a World Cup place now, just focus on full recovery.

Jose Izquierdo on the other hand...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
David Weir saying he went back to Poland for 6 weeks to rehab there, came back complaining of lack of movement / stiffness and decided needed another op. Also says the kind of ACL injury he has, a second op is fairly common due to how complex it is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here