Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Robinson & Doug Loft

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
No surprise really regarding Jake. He knows the Aldershot manager has confidence in his ability. Thats all he needs really. Play him consitently and he will produce the goods. I think we regret that neither Adams or Wilkins gave him a proper run of games up front.

Giraffe - a lot of what you write makes sense - but that is total crap.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sorry but I felt the need to post as that is completely untrue. Loft absolutely ran the show in the first half. He faded in the second half but maybe you can put that down to lack of match fitness.
Good luck for the rest of the season and you should absolutely hammer Luton in the JPT.

Thanks for the update.

As for hammering Luton, I will get back to you on that one, Wednesday morning. :D

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Giraffe - a lot of what you write makes sense - but that is total crap.

I can't be right all the time!! :lol:

Although I suppose my original point was badly put. Jake is a classic example of a confidence player. I suspect his career will reflect that of Kurt Nogan's (although probably at a lower level) with surges of greatness followed by complete barren patches. Nogan scored 20 odd goals one season then went approx 20 games without scoring? I can see Jake doing something similar somewhere.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If Loft ran the show against Luton, then it should be really quite simple for us....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As previously mentioned. Robinson has every chance there as he has a manager who believes, players who believe and fans that love him. He knows the place and has had previous success there.

I hope Loft can produce but I think he is still out his depth

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Please, would somebody tell me exactly how Jake Robinson would have improved things yesterday?

As we seem to be in danger of forgetting, our problem is not the strikers, but the complete ineptitude of three quarters of our defence.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Please, would somebody tell me exactly how Jake Robinson would have improved things yesterday?

As we seem to be in danger of forgetting, our problem is not the strikers, but the complete ineptitude of three quarters of our defence.

well seb carole was pretty much f***ed from 60 mins so we effectively had 10 men. Robinson may of helped.

But yeah I agree he has had his chance here

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just know I'm going to get really bored of the weekly updates on ex or loaned out Albion players- players who've had their chance and failed to take it- that are inevitable once they've dropped down a level and have a couple of decent games.

If Jake Robinson really had the ability and application to make it at this level, he would have proved it by now. You can't blame the manager- we've had so many in Robinson's time, if he was up to the job he'd have forced at least one of them to pick him. He hasn't, and at some point the club have make a decision and cut their losses.

Likewise Loft, and probably Lynch too, although Lynch went higher rather than lower, he certainly doesn't seem to have done himself any favours at Forest.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sorry but I felt the need to post as that is completely untrue. Loft absolutely ran the show in the first half. He faded in the second half but maybe you can put that down to lack of match fitness.
Good luck for the rest of the season and you should absolutely hammer Luton in the JPT.

Hammer Luton...the way we are playing they will hammer us....and it would probably be for the best because we can then concentrate on trying to keep ourselves up !!!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Was at the Daggers v Luton game on Sat and you can see why Loft hasn't been a regular for us, as some of his passing wasnt the greatest.

Having said that, he did get stuck in, and considering he isnt fully fit yet, it will be easier to judge him in the next month.

Luton were alright, but they havent got many goals in them, and we should be able to dispose of them Tues, but as wer struggling to beat anyone at the moment, then who knows...

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Nice choice of sponsorship NSC, isn't it both them players which you chose?:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here